These are frequently asked questions about our Manly Parking Permit Scheme permits.
If the answer is not here, please call Customer Service on 1300 434 434.
Residential parking permit - Two per eligible residential property (third permit per eligible property on application under extenuating circumstances)
Multi-use parking permit - One per eligible residential property
Business parking permit - One per eligible business
Support worker parking permit - To eligible support worker vehicles
Car share parking permit - To eligible car share vehicles
Special issue parking permits - Depending on application by eligible charities, volunteers and not-for-profit services at the discretion of the CEO
Residents, businesses, support workers, car share vehicles, charities, volunteers and not for profit services located within an existing Manly parking permit scheme area.
Eligibility for each permit type is defined in the Manly Parking Permit Scheme Framework.
Permits are linked to a scheme area and are only valid within the scheme area listed on the permit. View the map
They do not replace the Beach Parking Permit or Pay and Display ticket requirements. Permits will no longer be issued for boats, trailers or caravans.
Residential, multi-use, business and car share permits are valid for up to 12 months in line with the permit renewal dates for each scheme area.
There is no pro-rata rate available.
Support worker and special issue permits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Permit fees are listed in Council’s Fees & Charges and are reviewed annually.
Residential or multi-use permits
- 1st permit issued to property - $47
- 2nd permit issued to property - $110
- 3rd permit issued to property - $110
- Replacement multi-use permit - $230
- 4th permit residential / multi-use (extenuating circumstances only) - $280
Car share, special issue, business and support worker permits
- Car share permit - $230
- Special issue not-for-profit organisation permit - $26
- Business permit - $230
- Support worker permit - $52
Refer to Manly Parking Scheme Framework and application form for the type of permit you are applying for
The multi-use permit is for the use of visitors, tradespersons and carers.
There are no temporary permits for car rental vehicles – multi-use is intended for this purpose.
- Online: You can apply and pay online for your residential - permits 1 and 2 and multi-use, or business permits.
- By email: Email a scanned version of the completed application form, including all required documentation and payment details (credit card) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post: Print and complete an application form including all required documentation and payment (cheque or credit card) to:
Northern Beaches Council
PO Box 82
Manly NSW 1655
You can check your property eligibility on our website; however, not all properties are eligible for a permit or to apply online, these include:
- Properties that have parking permit eligibility excluded as part of their consent (not eligible)
- Your property is not within a prescribed scheme area (not eligible)
- Certain property types i.e. mixed business/residential building, company title, community title, dual occupancy or non-strata (apply via email or mail using the application form).