These are frequently asked questions about our Manly Parking Permit Scheme permits.
If the answer is not here, please call Customer Service on 1300 434 434.
Residential parking permit - Two per eligible residential property (third permit per eligible property on application under extenuating circumstances)
Multi-use parking permit - One per eligible residential property
Business parking permit - One per eligible business
Support worker parking permit - To eligible support worker vehicles
Car share parking permit - To eligible car share vehicles
Special issue parking permits - Depending on application by eligible charities, volunteers and not-for-profit services at the discretion of the CEO
Residents, businesses, support workers, car share vehicles, charities, volunteers and not for profit services located within an existing Manly parking permit scheme area.
Eligibility for each permit type is defined in the Manly Parking Permit Scheme Framework.
Permits are linked to a scheme area and are only valid within the scheme area listed on the permit. View the map
They do not replace the Beach Parking Permit or Pay and Display ticket requirements. Permits will no longer be issued for boats, trailers or caravans.
Residential, multi-use, business and car share permits are valid for up to 12 months in line with the permit renewal dates for each scheme area.
Support worker and special issue permits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Permit fees are listed in Council’s Fees & Charges and are reviewed annually.
Residential or multi-use permits
- 1st permit issued to property - Free
- 2nd permit issued to property - $42
- 3rd permit issued to property - $110
Note: 3rd residential parking permit issued to property under extenuating circumstances (requires special approval) - $110
Car share, special issue, business and support worker permits
No fees or postage will apply in the 2020/21 financial year.
Refer to Manly Parking Scheme Framework and application form for the type of permit you are applying for
The multi-use permit is for the use of visitors, tradespersons and carers.
There are no temporary permits for car rental vehicles – multi-use is intended for this purpose.
- Online: You can apply and pay online (residential - permits 1 and 2, multi-use and business permits)
- By email: Email a scanned version of the completed application form, including all required documentation and payment details (credit card) to email@example.com.
- By post: Print and complete an application form including all required documentation and payment (cheque or credit card) to:
Northern Beaches Council
PO Box 82
Manly NSW 1655
- In person: Make an appointment online for our Manly Customer Service office – due to COVID-19 we have a maximum of two customers in our branches at any one time.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 we are acting on the advice of lead NSW and Federal Health Authorities which includes social distancing and visitor limits. As a result, we ask that you make an appointment prior to visiting a branch, practice good personal hygiene including use of hand sanitiser provided and cashless payments are preferred.
If you are feeling unwell or have visited an identified COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days within Australia or overseas, please do not come in until you have been cleared do to so.
You can check your property eligibility on our website; however, not all properties are eligible to apply online, these include:
- Properties that do have parking permit eligibility excluded as part of their consent
- Certain property types i.e. mixed residential/business or company title
- Your property is not within a prescribed scheme area