Parking for residents of Coasters Retreat and Great Mackerel Beach is in high demand.
Applications are now open for property owners or tenants of Great Mackerel Beach and Coasters Retreat to apply or a 2022/23 Western Foreshore Parking Permit.
Council have included the following fees for consideration in the 2022/23 Delivery Program and Budget:
- $47 for a Western Foreshore Parking Permit for the full year
- $28 for a replacement permit ‐ new vehicle, windscreen, lost and temporary permits.
- You are a tenant of Great Mackerel Beach or Coasters Retreat.
- Or, you are the owner of a property in Great Mackerel Beach or Coasters Retreat. Please note: if the property is a permanent rental, then only the tenant is eligible to apply for a Western Foreshore Parking Permit.
- Your vehicle is not a trailer, boat, caravan, heavy vehicle, motorcycle, scooter or tractor.
- View the Terms and Conditions
The permit scheme will commence 1 September 2022 and is valid until 31 August 2023.
Applications for the 2022/23 Western Foreshore Parking Permits are now open.
Continue to use your existing Western Foreshore Parking Permit when parking in the Pittwater Park (north) carpark until you receive your new permit.
All documents must specify the applicant’s name and property address where they reside. All new applications are to be submitted with the following information:
- If the property is tenanted, then a current and valid Residential Tenancy Agreement must be provided showing the property address and tenant details.
- If the vehicle is registered to a business, then a letter of confirmation on official letterhead and signed by the nominated Director or Manager is to be submitted with the Application Form.
- Current and valid vehicle registration information of the vehicle to which the permit will be allocated.
Please note: Council will undertake any other necessary checks to confirm validity of the application and rateable information.
The name of the applicant must match the name of the property owner stated on the Northern Beaches Council rates notice or tenant stated on the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
Applications will be collected during the process as outlined in the Application Process and Guidelines as listed on the Application Form
Council will notify successful applicants in writing or by email.
Finding a solution for parking in Palm Beach is a balancing act, with limited parking and many users with different needs competing for car spaces.
The introduction of the Western Foreshore Parking Permit scheme is an identified action of the adopted Palm Beach Parking Demand Management Strategy. The Western Foreshore Parking Permit will be made available for residents of Coasters Retreat and Great Mackerel Beach.
After extensive community consultation, the Palm Beach Parking Demand Management Strategy was adopted by Northern Beaches Council in November 2017. It addresses specific needs of the area, setting out improved parking management solutions in the vicinity of the Palm Beach ferry wharf and local streets, benefiting residents, visitors, day-trippers and local business.
Permits can be posted to a nominated property address or collected from a nominated Council Customer Service office.
32 x 4P (four hour) ticket and Northern Beaches Beach Permit parking spaces on the eastern side in the Pittwater Park carpark (south) on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays between 6am – 9pm.
2 x P5 (five minute) parking spaces on the western side between 6am – 9pm every day. These car parking spaces will be situated close to the Palm Beach ferry wharf.
41 8P (eight hour) parking ticket and Northern Beaches Beach Permit parking spaces on the western side in the Pittwater Park carpark (south) on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays between 6am – 9pm.
Yes, if successful you will be provided with a coupon which must be displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard of the vehicle. It must not be displayed under the tint of the windscreen or otherwise obscured.
The coupon is transferable between two nominated vehicles. Only one vehicle with the registration displayed on the coupon is eligible to park in Pittwater Park carpark (north), at any given time.
A vehicle displaying a valid Western Foreshore Parking Permit is able to park without time restriction in the Pittwater Park carpark (north) for a period of up to 21 consecutive days.
Vehicles not displaying a valid Western Foreshore Parking Permit may result in compliance action, including penalty notices.
Yes, two Northern Beaches Beach Parking Permits will still be available to property owners.
No, only the Western Foreshore Parking Permit will be valid in the Pittwater Park carpark (north).