A multi-use parking permit may be used for visitors, tradespeople and carers of a rateable residential property.
The multi-use parking permit scheme is being introduced on a 12-month review period. During the review period Council will monitor the impacts of parking within all ten (10) existing Manly parking permit scheme areas and at the end of the period will determine whether the scheme will continue.
How to apply
All other residents cannot apply online until application dates open for their scheme area.
If you cannot apply online please complete the application form and send or email your application to Council.
Due to Covid-19, permit postage and collection will be dependent on advice from NSW Government.
Ivanhoe Park and Ivanhoe Park Ext residents can now apply.
To be eligible to apply for a multi-use parking permit, the applicant must:
- live permanently at an address within an existing Manly parking permit scheme area
- take responsibility to ensure the permit is valid and used correctly
- provide documentation to support a second place of residence application.
Documentation needed for application
If you are applying only for a multi-use parking permit, please ensure you have electronic copies of three of these documents ready before you apply online or hard copies to present to Customer Service. If applying for residential and multi-use permits together, submit documentation once only.
- Driver's licence or NSW photo card with applicable address (not mandatory).
- Lease (if renting), owner/occupier details will be checked during processing.
- One other piece of official documentation with your name and applicable address (power or phone bill, insurance documents, bank statement).
- Please ensure all documentation includes your name and applicable address within the permit scheme area.
- If you are applying for a residential permit AND a multi-use permit, there is no need to provide the above information twice.
Number of permits
Residents may only apply for one multi-use parking permit.
Residential permit scheme areas and application dates
The framework only applies to the management of parking permits issued through the existing Manly parking permit scheme in the following areas:
- Ivanhoe Park and Ivanhoe Park Extension
Applications open 1 March 2021. Valid 1 April 2021 - 31 March 2022
- Little Manly and Balgowlah
Applications open 1 September 2021. Valid 1 October 2021- 30 September 2022.
- Ocean Beach and Ethel Street West
Applications open 1 October 2021. Valid 1 November 2021- 31 October 2022.
- Isthmus and Fairy Bower
Applications open 1 November 2021. Valid 1 December 2021- 30 November 2022.
- Tower Hill and Tower Hill Extension
Applications open 1 February 2021. Valid 1 March 2021- 28 February 2022.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges apply to all Manly parking permits and are detailed in the annual fees and charges.
Residential or multi-use
- 1st permit issued to property - free
- 2nd permit issued to property - $42
- 3rd permit issued to property - $110
Note: 3rd residential parking permit issued to property under extenuating circumstances (requires special approval) - $110
No fees will apply in the 2020/21 financial year for car share, special issue, business and support worker parking permits.
Council will no longer issue boat, trailer or caravan parking permits through the Manly parking permit scheme.
For the 2020/21 financial year, the postage fee does not apply.
Type in your address below to show the permits your property is eligible to apply for.