A multi-use parking permit may be used for visitors, tradespeople and carers of a rateable residential property.
How to apply
If you cannot apply online please complete the application form and send or email your application to Council.
Apply via mail – print the application form and then mail along with required documentation to: Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly, 1655
To be eligible to apply for a multi-use parking permit, the applicant must:
- live permanently at an address within an existing Manly parking permit scheme area
- take responsibility to ensure the permit is valid and used correctly
- provide documentation to support a second place of residence application.
Documentation needed for application
If you are applying only for a multi-use parking permit, please ensure you have electronic copies of three of these documents ready before you apply or hard copies to mail in. If applying for residential and multi-use permits together, submit documentation once only.
- Driver's licence or NSW photo card with applicable address (not mandatory).
- Lease (if renting), owner/occupier details will be checked during processing.
- One other piece of official documentation with your name and applicable address (power or phone bill, insurance documents, bank statement).
- Please ensure all documentation includes your name and applicable address within the permit scheme area.
- If you are applying for a residential permit AND a multi-use permit, there is no need to provide the above information twice.
Number of permits
Residents may only apply for one multi-use parking permit as well as up to two residential permits.
Residential permit scheme areas and application dates
The framework only applies to the management of parking permits issued through the existing Manly parking permit scheme in the following areas:
- Little Manly and Balgowlah
Applications open 15 August. Valid 1 October - 30 September.
- Ocean Beach and Ethel Street West
Applications open 15 September. Valid 1 November - 31 October.
- Isthmus and Fairy Bower
Applications open 15 October. Valid 1 December - 30 November.
- Tower Hill and Tower Hill Extension
Applications open 15 January. Valid 1 March - 28 February.
- Ivanhoe Park and Ivanhoe Park Extension
Applications open 15 February. Valid 1 April - 31 March.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges apply to all Manly parking permits and are detailed in the annual fees and charges.
Residential or multi-use
- 1st permit issued to property - $47
- 2nd permit issued to property - $110
- 3rd permit issued to property - $110
- Replacement Multi-use permit - $230
- 4th permit residential / multi-use (extenuating circumstances only) - $280
Council will no longer issue boat, trailer or caravan parking permits through the Manly parking permit scheme.
Type in your address below to show the permits your property is eligible to apply for.