Residential parking permits allow residents to park on-street and avoid time limits in their scheme area. We have developed an online system for applying for your residential parking permit in the Manly area.

Motorcycles and scooters do not need to display a Manly parking permit when parked legally in a scheme area. 

Council will no longer issue boat, trailer or caravan parking permits through the Manly parking permit scheme.

How to apply

Please apply and pay online for your first two residential parking permits. Third residential parking permit applications must be submitted using the form below.

If you cannot apply online please complete the application form and send or email your application to Council.

Application options

Apply via email – download the application form and then email along with required documentation to  

Apply via mail – print the application form and then mail along with required documentation to: Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly, 1655


To be eligible for a residential parking permit, the applicant must:

  • reside permanently at the address within the existing Manly parking permit scheme area
  • be the registered owner of the vehicle
  • or have full private use of a company vehicle
  • Please note:  second place of residence applications are not eligible to apply for a residential parking permit, however can apply for a multi-use parking permit.

Documentation needed for application

Please ensure you have electronic copies of these documents ready before you apply or hard copies to mail in. All documents must be in the name of the applicant and display the property address within the Parking Permit Scheme area.

  • Driver's licence or NSW photo card.
  • Vehicle registration.
  • Lease (if renting), owner/occupier details will be checked during processing.
  • One other piece of official documentation (power or phone bill, insurance documents, bank statement).


  • If you are applying for a residential permit AND a multi-use permit, there is no need to provide the above information twice.

Number of permits

Eligible residents can apply online for two residential parking permits.

In extenuating circumstances, a third residential permit may be issued to eligible properties. Circumstances may include additional vehicles registered to the residential address and limited off-street parking.  This would support larger families living at the same residence.

Criteria for third permit

All residential eligibility and vehicle registration criteria must be met and all required documentation must be submitted with the application.

  • Applications for a third Manly residential parking permit cannot be made online.
  • Customer Service will not be able to issue the third permit at the time of application as a site assessment may be required.
  • Applications for third permits will be referred to Council’s Transport Network Team for consideration.

Residential permit scheme areas and application dates

The framework only applies to the management of parking permits issued through the existing Manly parking permit scheme in the following areas:

  • Little Manly and Balgowlah
    Applications open 15 August. Valid 1 October - 30 September.
  • Ocean Beach and Ethel Street West
    Applications open 15 September. Valid 1 November - 31 October.
  • Isthmus and Fairy Bower
    Applications open 15 October. Valid 1 December - 30 November.
  • Tower Hill and Tower Hill Extension
    Applications open 15 January. Valid 1 March - 28 February.
  • Ivanhoe Park and Ivanhoe Park Extension
    Applications open 15 February.  Valid 1 April - 31 March.

Fees and charges

Fees and charges apply to all Manly parking permits (as detailed in the adopted annual fees and charges).

Residential or multi-use

  • 1st permit issued to property - $50 (concession $25)
  • 2nd permit issued to property - $110 (concession $55)
  • 3rd permit issued to property - $110
  • Replacement Multi-use permit - $230
  • 4th permit residential/multi-use (extenuating circumstances only) - $280

Apply online

Concession Eligibility - first or second permit only

Holders of the cards listed below are eligible for the concession. 

  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
  • Gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated)*
  • Gold card embossed with ‘EDA' (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)*

(*) War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement.

If you are a concession holder, tick the "I am a concession holder" box first and then type in your address. Please click the "Reset" button if you need to restart.