Due to the current situation in respect to COVID-19, Council request that all development applications are lodged through the NSW Planning Portal. Applicants are reminded to submit Council’s Application Form, Application Checklist, Owners Consent and DA Fee Quote with their application through the portal

Steps to take prior to lodgement

Prior to lodging your development application, please follow the below steps below:

Lodge your application on the NSW Planning Portal

Once you have completed the steps above, your application is to be lodged through the NSW State Government Planning Portal. We've outlined the steps you will need to take to lodge your Development Application (Modification or Review application). Follow the instructions below and if you need assistance, please contact Council's Planning Enquiry Officer on 1300 434 434.

  1. Access the NSW Planning Portal and refer to Register for a Planning Portal account guide.
  2. Follow the prompts to lodge your Development Application and for assistance refer to the Submit a Development Application guide. In addition to the plans and reports uploaded to the portal, applicants are to ensure they submit Council’s Application Form, Application Checklist and Owners Consent. Please note, Council are currently working on new forms to reduce the amount of documentation required to be submitted with a portal application.
  3. Once you have submitted the application through the Portal, Council will review the documentation for completeness within two business days. Based on the information submitted, Council will make a decision to accept the application, request additional information or return the application to you.  Should additional information be required, you will receive an email outlining the required information.
  4. Fees - Once the application is accepted, Council will receipt the application using the payment form enclosed with Council's DA Form.
  5. To track the progress of your application, refer to Council's Application Search.

The Planner assessing the development application will communicate with the nominated Applicant, throughout the assessment process. Should you require assistance with electronic lodgement, please contact Council's Planning Enquiry Officer on 1300 434 434.

Refer to Council's Application Process page for an overview of the assessment process and steps to be taken prior to commencement of building works.