Northern Beaches Council monitors the progress of Development Applications from lodgement through to determination to evaluate performance and trends.
The reports are produced quarterly and at the end of each financial year and include the following highlights:
- Number of Development Applications lodged and determined
- Value of Development Applications received and approved
- A breakdown of Development Applications received in each development proposal type (e.g. alterations & additions, secondary dwellings, commercial)
- The average processing times for the quarter and the financial year
Further data can be found on our application search including the number applications received this week/month or determined this month.
Quarterly Development Activity Reports
1 April to 30 June 2020 (Q4 2020)
- Number of applications - 536 applications lodged, 531 applications determined
- Value of applications - $378,063,794 received, $285,898, 497 approved
- Average processing time - 71 days this quarter, 79 days 2019/20 financial year
- Improvement in processing time - 42 days (compared to Q4 2019)
- Applications determined by - 490 Council staff, 24 Development Determination Panel, 14 Local Planning Panel, 3 Sydney North Planning Panel
- Development application type: Residential alterations and additions - 238, New residential dwellings - 57, Secondary dwellings - 34, Multi-unit, boarding houses, seniors living - 13, Residential flat buildings - 5, Mixed use developments and shop-top housing - 12, Commecial and industrial development - 26, Other - 19