Our business support plan was developed in consultation with our five local Chamber of Commerce. Our priority is to ensure the local business community feels supported, is well informed and knows where and how to access advice, financial support and practical resources.
Business support plan
$3.7 million support, since the COVID-19 pandemic emerged, provided to business via temporary waiving of the fees:
- Outdoor dining fees, up to 30 June 2022.
- Outdoor dining fees, 50% subsidy from 1 July 2022 to 30 September 2022.
- Footpath merchandising fees, up to 31 March 2022
- Fire Safety annual fees, up to 31 March 2021
- Environmental Health Inspection (annual fees and first inspection fees), up to 31 March 2021
- Enforcement actions focused on imminent risks to public or environmental safety, allowing more flexible operations to local businesses
- Local Business Support webpage and Beaches Biz News (a monthly business newsletter you can sign up to here)
- Helping businesses build digital and social media capacity
- Rates and Charges Hardship Policy for eligible small business ratepayers.
Council tenant and licensee support
Targeted support of over $3.5 million since COVID-19 pandemic emerged for Council tenants and sportsfield and facilities licensees experiencing financial hardship as a result of Government mandated closures and the impacts of COVID.
- Rent relief continues to be offered in line with the National Code of Conduct for commercial tenancies and the Retail and Other Commercial Leases (COVID-19) Regulation 2021
- Extension of commercial leases/licences by six months for impacted tenants
Ratepayer subsidies and fee increase delays
$4.4 million in ratepayer subsidies, equivalent to 50% of increases in rates and waste charges in 2020/21 along with holding off on other fee increases for three months until 1 October 2020.
Outdoor dining areas
- A 50% subsidy on outdoor dining fees for the period 1 July 2022 to 30 September 2022.
Temporary vending in outdoor dining areas
Eligible food businesses (with a current outdoor dining approval) can apply for an additional approval to vend from outside of their business within the existing outdoor dining area.
The temporary approval is to vend pre-packaged foods from within the existing outdoor dining area or to simply use the outdoor area as a point of sale to encourage more business. Find out more.