We have developed a business support plan in consultation with our five local Chamber of Commerce. Our priority is to ensure the local business community feels supported, is well informed and knows where and how to access advice, financial support and practical resources.
The business support plan includes a package of measures, which include waivers for 9 months on outdoor dining, food health on premises and fire safety fees as well as more flexible and pragmatic arrangements for supplier deliveries to supermarkets and parking for take-away pickups.
The package will bring significant cost savings to local businesses.
- Fee waivers on outdoor dining and footpath merchandise (extended until 30 June 2021)
- Fee waivers on food and other health on premises and fire safety fees (extended until 31 March 2021)
- More flexible and pragmatic arrangements for supplier deliveries to supermarkets and parking for take-away pickups
- Assistance to help businesses connect with customers, including help with social media marketing and ‘shop local’ initiatives.
To help businesses comply with 1.5 metre social distancing, Council is allowing businesses that can meet appropriate conditions to display merchandise on the footpath.
- Fee waiver from 3 June until 30 June 2021 on footpath merchandise on new applications.
- Conditions apply and businesses are required to register.
Outdoor dining areas
- Due to current restrictions, outdoor dining fees are being suspended with effect from 1 April 2020 until 30 June 2021.
- Affected business will not receive invoices from Council during this period.