One-stop-shop for local businesses
To keep serving the community, including local businesses, Council has set up a dedicated Business Support Service.
It’s a single point of contact to provide advice, support and ensure no matter what your question, we will do all we can to get you the best and quickest information. We will ensure you always speak to the Council Business Liaison Officer.
It’s more important than ever to show our local business community that they’re not alone.
Businesses can use this service to find the latest updates about support and services, get advice and can sign up for business-specific email updates.
For a face-to-face meeting, Council is running a series of half day sessions to bring together representatives from Service NSW business concierge program, NSW Government Business Connect Program and Lifeline clinical and financial counselling services, to provide face-to-face support to help businesses find out how to
- re-open your business in a COVID Safe way
- get directions on how to reboot your business
- review financial options and get a quick mental health check-in
Book in for a 1:1 meeting with one of these advisers at one of the following locations
- Tuesday 19 January 1-4pm, Avalon Annex Community Hall, 3 Bowling Green Lane (in Dunbar Park), Avalon
- Thursday 21 January 9am-12pm, Manly Town Hall – Chambers, 1 Belgrave Street, Manly
- Wednesday 27 January 9am-12pm, Dee Why Civic Centre, 725 Pittwater Road, Dee Why
Local businesses can access information on a range of topics including:
- local, state and federal government COVID-19 support packages
- local business support/advice services
- insights into local economic conditions
- food licensing including food safety permits
- home businesses
- planning and development applications and advice
- business opportunities
- working with Council including tenders and procurement
- advertising sign advice and permits
- festival and event permits
- commercial activities on public land, including outdoor dining
- plus many more.