The Federal and NSW Governments are delivering a number of programs and resources to support businesses.
NSW Government will consider steps two and three of the Australian Government's Roadmap to a COVIDSafe Australia in due course.
The Australian Government has created an online planning tool to help business develop a plan to keep their workers, customers and the community safe as they reopen or increase their activities in the weeks and months ahead.
Federal Government economic response
The Federal Government economic response focuses on keeping Australians in jobs and helping small businesses stay in business.
With 98% of our 32,000 registered businesses classified as small (employing less than 20 staff), there are a range of stimulus and support available to our small business community.
Visit the The Treasury for latest financial support available to assist business manage cashflow and retain employees.
For further assistance, call the Federal Government helpline for businesses impacted by COVID-19 on 13 28 46.
State Government support for small business
The NSW Government is delivering a program of business support through Service NSW.
View a useful one page summary of current measures available to businesses (including those specifically for SMEs) produced by the Australian and NSW Government.
Small Business Hardship Grant
Small businesses on the Northern Beaches that experienced hardship due to the COVID-19 restrictions from December 2020 may be eligible for a grant of $3000 or $5000. The grant will help to cover unavoidable expenses for which no other government support is available and may include utilities, rent, or financial or legal advice.
Businesses must be able to demonstrate at least a 30% decline in turnover due to the Northern Beaches lockdown. Eligibility criteria will apply.
More information and online applications will be available soon on the Service NSW website.
Dine and Discover scheme
NSW residents aged 18 and over can apply for 4 x $25 vouchers, worth $100 in total.
- 2 x $25 Dine NSW Vouchers to be used for dining in at restaurants, cafés, bars, wineries, pubs or clubs. These can be used 7 days a week.
- 2 x $25 Discover NSW Vouchers to be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues. These can be used 7 days a week.
- can be used at participating NSW businesses that are registered as COVID Safe
- cannot be used on public holidays
- are valid to 30 June 2021.
For those customers who would prefer non-digital vouchers, please visit a Service NSW Centre and present two forms of ID such as a n Australia Driver's Licence, Medicare card or Australian passport.
Other helpful information - free webinars and business advice
- NSW Government Business Connect webinars for business impacted by COVID-19
- Free online TAFE NSW courses to help businesses, including enhancing your digital impact
- NSW Office of the Small Business Commissioner for dispute resolution and advice
- Realise Business for individual subsidised business advice
- ATO webinars webinars for small business from cashflow management to starting a new business
- Advice and tips on engaging customers business.gov.au
- Cyber security advice on how to protect your small business
- Tourism Australia webinars and hub for support and assistance
- JobSeeker payment
Register for updates
We encourage businesses to register for regular updates on the Business News page