We know marketing a tourism business can be challenging at the best of times, let alone trying to navigate your way through the current economic landscape that has been thrust upon us.
Northern Beaches Council is partnering with the Tourism eSchool to deliver an online training program for all tourism and hospitality businesses within the Northern Beaches Council region.
The program has been designed to educate, inspire and empower you to actively develop and market your business to drive demand.
The skills learnt through this program will assist your business to deal with the current COVID-19 environment, and provide you with benefits well beyond the global pandemic.
It’s more than just ‘how to’ learning…You will have lightbulb ‘aha’ moments, you will be inspired and feel empowered, and you will walk away with a clear path to push forward confidently with your experience development and marketing to grow a sustainable business that will flourish in the future.
By the end of the program, you will:
- Understand what you can do right now, working through lockdowns and border restrictions
- Develop confidence in how to market your business into the future
- Connect with other tourism and hospitality businesses on the same journey
The program will be delivered via 4 online webinars (can be watched live or at any time following their release). Webinars will run weekly on Tuesdays - 9 February until 2 March 2021.
Mentoring via a closed Facebook group will also be offered during the program, and for one month following the completion of the program.
Topic 1 - Tourism Landscape, Best Practice Tourism Marketing + Ideal Customers
Online webinar - Tuesday 9 February 2021, 10:30am – 12noon
- Briefing on the current tourism landscape
- Briefing on the Northern Beaches Visitor Economy and tactics on how businesses can engage in the industry
- Identify, profile and complete an Ideal Customer Profile and Journey Map of your most profitable customer(s) for your business
Topic 2 - Developing Exceptional Experiences
Online webinar - Tuesday 16 February 2021, 10:30am – 12noon
- Learn how to develop exceptional experiences for post-COVID travellers motivations to drive highly trusted advocacy
- Learn strategies to create bookable and commissionable experiences and working with relevant distribution system
Topic 3 - Social Media
Online webinar - Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:30am – 12noon
- Learn how to use Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to improve customer engagement and how to best keep in touch with community to drive future bookings post COVID-19.
- Learn practical tips to increase the engagement and reach of social media posts on their social channels.
- Learn how to empower their staff members to become key social media storytellers for their business.
- Learn how you and your staff can support/optimise storytelling of the Northern Beaches region through your social media channels via strategic content posting, tagging and hashtag use.
- Understand how to use Facebook and Instagram advertising strategically to attract new customers and drive more customer conversion
Topic 4 - Customer Advocacy + Online Reputation Management
Online Webinar - Tuesday 2 March 2021, 10:30am – 12noon
- Understand the critical importance of managing your business's reputation and how to leverage customer advocacy on review sites to help grow your bookings and sales.
- Learn a framework of how to respond to negative customer feedback on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites that will help turn an unhappy customer into an advocate
- Discover practical tips on how to encourage more positive advocacy for their business on social media, TripAdvisor and other review websites
- Learn how optimise TripAdvisor, Google, Australian Tourism Data Warehouse and other relevant online listings to drive increase bookings/sales from visitors
Places are limited – register now! Registration is FREE for up to 100 business operators in the Northern Beaches Council Region.
Please fill in the expression of interest form