Northern Beaches Council has banned e-waste like TVs, computers and computer components from Bulky Goods Collection. Recycling is a better option all round. When you recycle e-waste, you’re preventing pollution and helping us recover natural resources for re-use.
What is E-waste?
Televisions, desktop and portable computers, monitors, mice, keyboards, cables, drives, printers, scanners, projectors, computer speakers and computer-related peripherals are all classified as e-waste.
They contain a lot of hazardous materials like arsenic, lead, cadmium and mercury. We don’t want these in the environment.
Where to recycle TVs and computer equipment
It’s free to take e-waste items to these places (check limits first before you go):
- Cleanaway Belrose Resource Recovery Centre
Crozier Road, Belrose. Phone: 8645 4304
- Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre
Kimbriki Road, Terrey Hills. Phone: 9486 3512
- Harvey Norman Balgowlah Superstore
Roseberry Street warehouse entrance. Phone: 9949 0100
- Officeworks - accept most forms of e waste (except TVs). Also printer ink, mobile phones, batteries, pens and markers too!
Dee Why - 800 Pittwater Rd. Phone: 9466 6100
Mona Vale - 47-51 Barrenjoey Rd. Phone: 9998 4300
- Arnies Recon - are a for-profit social enterprise. They will take computers, games, wires and accessories. If your item is on the accepted list book it in for a free pick up
- Storage King - Pick up an E-waste Recycling Box for $3.50 from participating Storage King stores, fill it with old computers, printers and mobiles, and return it to Storage King (Dee Why, Brookvale or Frenchs Forest) for recycling.
- Phone: 1800 100 700
What to do with other electronic items
You can put out certain electronic items for metal recycling at our bulky goods clean-up collections.
This includes game consoles, video recorders, DVD and Blu-ray players, toner cartridges, radios or stereos, power tools, universal power supplies and other electrical appliances as long as they are more than 80% metal. Your metals must be in a separate pile from the other goods you put out.