Utility bills (electricity, gas and water)

If you can't pay your electricity, gas, phone or water bill, contact your service provider straight away. They can help with options such as:

  • an extension to pay
  • paying in instalments

Every service provider has financial hardship information online, for example:

You could also be eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers. You can apply:

Service NSW can assist eligible persons to apply for a energy rebate online or in person at:

  • Brookvale - 114 Old Pittwater Road 
  • Warriewood Square, Jacksons Road (Ground floor external entrance, near ALDI) 

Open 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 12.30pm Saturday

Centrelink can arrange regular deductions via Centrepay.

Council rates

Northern Beaches Council provides assistance for ratepayers experiencing genuine financial hardship.

You may be eligible for a concession on the grounds of hardship. Council may also be able to assist by agreeing to alternative payment plans.

If you are having difficulty in paying your rates, you should contact Council as soon as possible to discuss the options available under Councils Rates and Annual Charges Hardship Policy.

Download the Hardship Rate Relief Form