If you are having difficulty paying your rent
If you are having difficulty paying your rent:
- Talk to your real estate agent as soon as possible
- Seek support with your other costs (eg utility bills, food) so you can pay your rent as a priority
- Consider negotiating with your landlord - find out more
If you receive certain types of payments from Services Australia, you may be eligible for Rent Assistance
If you are having difficulty paying your home loan
- Talk to your lender as soon as possible. All lenders have a hardship officer that can help you.
- Request a Hardship Variation
- Seek guidance from a free financial counselling service such as the National Debt Hotline.
Your lender will have Financial Hardship information online, for example:
If you need to access emergency accommodation, the following services can help:
Call 1800 152 152
The information and referral telephone service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.
Between 10pm and 9am, Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer people to emergency services if required.
Mission Australia (Ebbs House)
Women and Children First
Specialised services include two crisis accommodation refuges in northern Sydney, case management and other practical support for women and children experiencing domestic and family abuse and homelessness.
Call 9971 4499
9am – 5pm weekdays