The Development Determination Panel (DDP) is an internal Northern Beaches Council Panel meeting that has delegated authority to make decisions (known as determinations) on development applications and other related applications of local significance.
The DDP replaces three Development Unit panels (the DU-PLEP, DU-WLEP and the DAU-MLEP) from the former Pittwater, Warringah and Manly council areas. The functions and delegations to determine applications of the new DDP integrate with the Northern Beaches Local Planning Panel (NBLPP).
DDP meetings generally occur on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month. In addition to the normal scheduled meetings, extraordinary meetings may occur as needed.
Agendas and Minutes
Outcomes of the meetings are made available by way of minutes, which will generally be published on Council’s website.
What applications are handled by the DDP?
The DDP is responsible for determining applications which meet any of the following criteria:
- a minimum cost of construction of $1million and with three unresolved objections
- any application for subdivision which creates a net increase of 5 or more additional lots with a minimum three unresolved objections,
- any Modification of Consent under Section 4.55(2) (formerly Section 96(2) for a development previously determined by the DDP or its previous equivalent panel
- any Review of Determination under Section 8.2 (formerly Section 82A) for a development previously determined by the DDP, its previous equivalent panel, or by a Manager
- any other application at the discretion of the General Manager, Planning Place and Community or the Executive Manager, Development Assessment
- Following advice received from the Department of Planning & Environment applications for Class 1 buildings (single dwelling houses) with a Clause 4.6 variation greater than 10% to building height within the Warringah Local Environment Plan 2011, Manly Local Environment Plan 2013 and Pittwater Local Environment Plan 2014 and floor space ratio under the Manly Local Environment Plan 2013.
How do I make a submission to the DDP?
The DDP determines applications in a closed meeting. However, members of the public may make a written submission or alternatively register to address panel members on the assessment report, recommendations and/or conditions of consent.
The applicant and other interested parties are advised to make a written submission, which must be received by 12 midday on the business day prior to a meeting. Email email@example.com and please include the application number, Development Determination Panel, submission and meeting date in the subject line.
Alternatively, there is an opportunity to register to address the panel members prior to the meeting. Representations will be restricted to between three to five minutes, and registrations must be lodged by the close of business, two business days before a meeting. To register, contact the Administration Officer on 9942 2360.
Whilst Council will undertake to cater for all representations, late submissions/registrations may not be able to be considered.
Panel members have access to all written submissions made during the course of the assessment and so representations should not revisit issues previously raised.
For more detailed information on the operational aspects of the DDP, please refer to the DDP Charter.