Development Determination Panel (DDP) meeting guidelines
- DDP Meetings are held via Teleconference.
- The DDP consists of three members from Northern Beaches Council staff:
- Chair: Director, Executive Manager or Development Assessment Manager
- 2 x Panel Members: Development Assessment Manager, Strategic & Place Planning Manager or Principal Planner
- The Panel have had no involvement in the process of assessing the application. The Panel has reviewed the assessment report and all submissions received prior to the meeting.
- The Panel has conducted a site visit prior to the meeting.
- Speakers registered to address the Panel will each have 3-5 minutes to speak. The Panel will hear from each speaker individually in a closed meeting.
- Any documents submitted to the Panel may be posted on our website in accordance with the provisions of our Development Control Plans.
- Once all the registered speakers have addressed the Panel, the Panel will move into a closed session to deliberate.
Determinations and minutes
- The Panels determinations and minutes of the meeting will be posted on Council’s website as soon as possible
- Depending on the complexity of the items this can take between 2-10 days. The assessment officer may be contacted during this period for any updates.
- Once the minutes have been posted on the website the determination will be emailed to the applicant.