The following committees have run their course and have come to an end.
For more information please call Customer Service on 1300 434 434
As per Council’s resolution on 26 February 2019, this committee has been concluded.
Advisory Committee for the Mona Vale Performance Space Project acts in an advisory role to Northern Beaches Council for the development of the proposed Mona Vale Performance Space.
Council has committed to develop a feasibility study and a detailed business case, including business plan for the construction and operation of the project to ensure the project’s viability. The community members are required to have specialist skills in the development of new government infrastructure and/or community projects. Knowledge of performance venues, the performing arts, car parks and commercial retail development is highly desirable.
The Committee will meet approx. four times a year.
As per Council’s resolution on 28 September 2021, this committee has concluded.
The Northern Beaches Hospital Precinct Consultation Committee acts in an advisory role to Northern Beaches Council for the implementation of the Northern Beaches Hospital Precinct Structure Plan.
This Committee is a Council appointed group. Membership of the Committee comprises up to 12 members representing the following:
- Mayor Regan (Chair)
- 3 Frenchs Forest Ward Councillors
- Minister for Education (or delegate)
- Minister for Health (or delegate)
- Minister for Planning (or delegate)
- Member for Davidson (or delegate)
- General Manager Planning, Place and Community from Council (or delegate)
- Director Urban Renewal from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (or delegate)
- Chief Executive Officer from the Greater Sydney Commission (or delegate)
- Director Open Space and Parklands from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (or delegate)
- View Terms of Reference and Charter
The Local Representation Committees (LRCs) were established in May 2016 to provide advice to the Northern Beaches Council Administrator during the administration period. The LRC comprised of 21 former Councillors and Mayors to assist in the development of the Community Strategic Plan and the successful implementation of the new Council.
The three committees, across Social, Environment and Economic themes, met regularly and concluded in August 2017. Membership is detailed below along with their meeting notes.
- Chair - Jean Hay AM
- Bob Giltinan
- Alex McTaggart
- Stephen Pickering
- Duncan Kerr
- Kay Millar
- Wayne Gobert
- Vanessa Moskal
- Chair - Kylie Ferguson
- Cathy Griffin
- Barbara Aird
- Hugh Burns
- Ian White
- Julie Hegarty
- Pat Daley
- Chair - Michael Regan
- Jose Menano-Pires
- Candy Bingham
- Sue Heins
- Alan Le Surf
- Roslyn Harrison
The new Council is committed to maintaining a high level of community representation with the local community. In May 2016 an Implementation Advisory Group (IAG) was established.
The Implementation Advisory Group played an important role in providing advice to the Administrator during the administration period. Members of the Implementation Advisory Group included:
- Jean Hay (Chair), Former Manly Mayor
- Michael Regan (Deputy Chair), Former Warringah Mayor
- Kylie Ferguson (Deputy Chair), Former Pittwater Deputy Mayor, Kylie Ferguson
- Alex McTaggart, Former Pittwater Councillor
- Jose Menano-Pires, Former Warringah Councillor
- Cathy Griffin, Former Manly Councillor