In collaboration with chefs, cooks and artisan food producers, TABLED presents tableware designed and made by thirteen potters in this partnership exhibition with MAG&M and The Australian Ceramics Association (TACA).
The exhibition uses the terrain of the tabletop as the platform to discuss the age-old relationship between food and pots.
This presentation of ceramic tableware will show the breadth of artists working with clay and with food. The collaborations between potter and chef will highlight their shared connections and shared respect for their crafts. Simultaneously, these creations will explore the narratives behind the function of tableware; community and culture.
MAG&M and TACA are pleased to announce the ceramicists and their collaborators who will develop work to feature in the TABLED exhibition:
- Kris Coad with Rhett D’Costa
- Kirsty Collins with Nathan Quinell, Sabeeha Abdo, Craig Shanahan
- Paul Davis with Ito-en
- Janet DeBoos with The Wee Jasper Distillery
- Claire Ellis with Simone Jude at Seasonal Simone
- Malcolm Greenwood with Lennox Hastie of Firedoor and Gildas
- Georgina Yen Qin Lee with Raymond Tan of Raya
- Vanessa Lucas & Emma Jimson with Annie Smithers of du Fermier
- Jeremy Simons (Slip Ceramics) with Emma Knowles
- Leia Sherblom (GRIT Ceramics) with Ben Devlin & Yen Trinh of PIPIT
- Timna Taylor with Palisa Anderson
- Clare Unger with Anu Haran at Flour Shop
A special thank you to chef Peter Gilmore for his knowledge and expertise is helping select the finalists.