Thought-provoking works by 215 artists and designers from across Australia have been shortlisted for the prestigious annual Northern Beaches Environmental Art & Design Prize.
Now in its third year, the Environmental Art & Design Prize brings together a community of creatives to highlight our environmental concerns and hopes across the nation. The works selected present fresh perspectives on our global climate crisis and sustainable life on earth. They will be on show in an outstanding exhibition of art and design from 4 – 27 August at Manly Art Gallery & Museum, Curl Curl Creative Space and Mona Vale Creative Space Gallery.
- Exhibition dates: 4 – 27 August 2023
- Launch event and prize announcement: 3 August 2023 6-8pm RSVP
- Meet the Artist & Designers at Curl Curl: 5 August 2023 2-3pm RSVP
- Meet the Artist & Designers at Manly: 12 August 2023 2-3pm RSVP
- Meet the Artist & Designers at Mona Vale: 19 August 2023 2-3pm RSVP
- Panel Discussion: Sustainable Design: 25 August 2023 5.30-7.30pm RSVP
Prize pool of $42,000 includes:
- $5,000 for each of the Open categories
- $2,000 for each of the Young Artists & Designers categories
- $3,000 for the People's Choice Awards.
The Prize categories are:
- Ceramics & small sculpture
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Painting & mixed media
- Works on paper & photography
- Wearable design
- Functional design
- Young artists and designers 7-12 years and 13 - 18 years.
Winners from each category are awarded by an expert panel of judges.