2020/21 Community Grants Program
The 2020/21 Community Grants Program provides grants of up to $10,000 to eligible individuals and organisations to support projects and initiatives that deliver direct benefit to local people, communities and the environment of the Northern Beaches Local Government Area.
Council allocated $280,000 to the 2020/21 Community Grants Program. This includes $240,000 shared between the Arts and Creativity and Community Development grants streams and $40,000 to the new Environmental grants stream.
The number of grant applications received for 2020/21 far exceeded the number that Council is able to support within the adopted budget. Due to the high number of applications, only 20 percent of the applications received have been recommended for funding. Council received the following applications to each grant stream:
Eligible applications amount requested
Arts and Creativity
The number of applications recommended for funding are shown below:
Applications recommended for funding
Amount recommended (ex GST)
Arts and Creativity
The delivery date for these new projects has been extended from 30 June to 31 December 2021, due to COVID-19. Once successful applications have been approved, all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email.
Arts & Creativity stream
Council received 135 applications to the Arts & Creativity stream with 121 applications proceeding to assessment after eligibility checks. The 121 applications requested a total of $808,815.17.
The Arts & Creativity stream had the following assessment criteria:
- Clear rationale for the project/initiative, with key outcomes connected to Council’s Arts and Creativity Strategy
- Addresses at least one of the grant program objectives including how this will be measured
- Excellence and innovation in arts and creative practice and demonstrated history of the delivery of arts and creative projects
- Enhance connection to art and creativity in the public domain and provide social and cultural benefits to communities of the Northern Beaches
- Capacity to deliver a well-planned project including applicant experience, skills and time
- Realistic budget with all income and expenditure identified, and capacity to manage funds.
- Experimental, innovative ideas and approaches, and overall creative excellence
- Evidence of partnerships with other government agencies, business or community organisations
Following the assessment of the one hundred and twenty-one (121) applications the Panel recommends twenty (26) projects for grant funding of $95,150.00.
Applicants recommended for funding will receive an email informing them of the outcome of the assessment process. Applicants recommended for funding will also receive a Funding Agreement which needs to be signed and returned before payment will be made.
For more information and to enquire about your application please contact: 8495 5357 or email: email@example.com