24/7 Support

It is important to reach out and get support.

Sexual Assault Service

The Sexual Assault Service at Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards can help you after a sexual assault – whether it happened today, last week or in the past.

Call 8797 7174 - 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday

If you are calling after hours about a sexual assault that happened in the last 7 days, the Hospital switchboard will connect you with the on-call Sexual Assault Counsellor.

Call 9926 7111 - for after hours support

They have specialist staff that can provide the support you need after a sexual assault, such as:

  • information and support 
  • crisis and ongoing counselling 
  • a specialised medical service to look after your health and wellbeing 
  • support for non-offending family members, significant others and carers
  • help to get to Royal North Shore Hospital
  • collect evidence related to the assault. This evidence does not have to be submitted to Police at the time, but it provides a record if the victim decides to report the assault later.
  • help you contact police 
  • help with court preparation.

These services are free of charge. 

It’s best to call and let them know you are on your way so they can discuss your options and co-ordinate your care. 

It’s up to you to decide what sort of support you want.

24/7 Telephone Support and Counselling

There are a range of free telephone services who can support you 24 hour / 7 days a week.

Telephone helplines

NSW Sexual Violence Helpline 

1800 424 017

For anyone impacted by sexual assault including friends, families, supporters and professionals. 

Full Stop Australia

1800 385 578 (1800 FULL STOP)

For anyone who has experienced or been impacted by violence or abuse.

Sexual, Domestic and Family Violence Helpline

1800 943 539

For anyone whose life has been impacted by domestic or family violence. 


1800 737 732

Information, counselling and support service for anyone experiencing domestic family and/or sexual violence.

Rainbow Sexual, Domestic and Family Violence Helpline 

1800 497 212

For anyone from the LGBTIQA+ community whose life has been impacted by sexual domestic and/or family violence. 

KIDS Helpline 

1800 55 1800 

For young aged 5-25 to speak to a counsellor.

National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 

1800 211 028  

For adult survivors of childhood institutional sexual abuse.

MensLine Australia

1300 789 978

For men who have experienced or been impacted by violence or abuse. 


13 11 14                                                        

Online crisis support

Other support services

There are a range of other local services who can provide specialist support:

Emergency Accommodation


1800 152 152 

This service can provide you with information and assessment for homelessness services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

They can also refer you to homelessness support and accommodation services between 9am and 10pm daily.

Find out more information on emergency accommodation services across the Northern Beaches


If you need urgent medical attention, call 000 for an ambulance or you can attend:

  • Urgent Care Mona Vale Hospital: 8 Coronation St, Mona Vale
  • Northern Beaches Hospital Emergency: 105 Frenchs Forest Rd, Frenchs Forest
  • Royal North Shore Hospital Emergency: Reserve Rd, St Leonards

Victim support scheme

Victim Support Scheme can help victims of sexual assault with counselling and financial assistance.

Please call 1800 633 063


Youth Law Australia

Free and confidential legal advice. Access by: 

  • Online request - 24 hours / 7 days 
  • Call 1800 950 570 - Tuesdays to Thursdays, 10am to 4pm 


Law Access NSW

1300 888 529

For legal information and contact details for services that might be able to assist you.


Women's Legal Service

  • Domestic Violence Legal Advice Line - (02) 8745 6999
  • Women’s Legal Advice Line - (02) 8745 6988
  • First Nations Women’s Legal Contact Line - (02) 8745 6977


Worried about your behaviour?

If you think you have sexually assaulted someone and you want to change your behaviour, support is available for you.

For information on services and programs: