Established February 2018
Stakeholder Representative Term
- Councillors: Appointment for 2 Years or until election care taker period.
- Community and Stakeholder Representatives: Appointment for 4 years including one year following council election
Quorum and Voting
- The quorum for each meeting will be one half.
- If a quorum is not present within 30 minutes within the commencement time of the meeting, the meeting shall become an informal meeting with no recommendations or decisions made.
- The Committee should have the intention of reaching consensus when endorsing items and recommendations.
Minutes of meetings to be reported to Council.
To act in an advisory role to Northern Beaches Council to collaborate, consider and advise Council on ways to maintain, improve, resolve and progress issues that impact on community safety, crime prevention across the Northern Beaches.
Membership of the Committee comprises of up to 29 representatives of organisations, groups and community members.
The Chairperson is the Mayor or his nominated delegate on this group and Deputy Chair as elected by the Mayor. The following Council members will be appointed:
- Mayor (Chair) and 4 appointed Councillors (1 per Ward)
The group will consist of up to 19 members of the following Northern Beaches organisations:
- Northern Beaches Police Local Area Commander and/or a delegate
- Northern Sydney Area Health Service
- Corrections NSW
- 2 x Community Service Providers
- NSW Family and Community Services
- Northern Beaches Liquor Accord
- Transport NSW
- Drug and Alcohol Service
- 2 x Chamber of Commerce
- 1 Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches representative
- Youth agency representative
- 4 local State Members of Parliament
- 2 local Federal Members of Parliament
- 5 Community members or groups interested in representing a broad range of strategic views in this topic across the Northern Beaches (* Ideally one member per ward).
- The Committee are to meet bi-monthly (six (6) times) throughout the year.
- The schedule of meeting dates will be distributed at the formation of the Committee.
- Agenda items, time and venue will be provided to the members in an agenda at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
Ex Officio Advisors
Officers of Government and Statutory Corporations or other advisors as required.
- Lead Council Officer: Community Safety Coordinator, Executive Manager Community, Arts and Culture
- Business Unit: Community, Arts and Culture