The Northern Beaches is fortunate in having many areas of natural beauty and council partners with local residents in preserving and maintaining these areas through our Bushcare program.
Bushcare is all about community volunteers working with Council to conserve and rehabilitate publicly owned natural bushland. There are over 250 volunteers who work at over 50 different sites throughout the Northern Beaches.
Most Bushcare groups work at set times through the year, for two or three hours each month.
No experience is needed. We have activities to suit all levels of participation.
Tools, training and guidance in bush regeneration techniques, and morning or afternoon tea are provided!
Become a Bushcare Volunteer
- Check out the bushcare site map and select a preferred site
- Complete the online enquiry form
- We will get in contact with you and book you into one of our regular bushcare sessions
- Complete an onsite induction with one of our qualified supervisors.
- Start your first volunteer shift.
Our community nursery program enlist the help of dedicated volunteers who propagate thousands of indigenous plants (including rare species) each year. These plants can then be used by Bushcare volunteers or by council as part of our ongoing works program.
- Manly Dam Community Nursery - Every Friday morning from 8.30am to 12.30pm
- North Curl Curl Community Nursery - Every Monday from 9am to 12pm.
Contact the Bushcare Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9942 2766
No events in this category. Please browse another category