The Environmental Grants Program has been established to meet the community interest and provide financial support for environmental and sustainability issues on the Northern Beaches.
2021/22 program - applications open!
The 2021/22 Environmental Grants Program has a total pool of $40,000, with grants being offered up to $5,000 (excl. GST).
The objective of the Environmental Grants Program is to assist Council and to support the community to deliver the aspirations and commitments in our recently adopted Protect.Create.Live - Northern Beaches Environment and Climate Change Strategy. Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Strategy and align proposed projects to its themes and goals.
This program covers three categories:
- Restoration and protection projects that support:
- Bushland and biodiversity
- Coastal and estuarine environments
- Natural creeks and waterways.
- Resource efficiency and sustainability projects including climate change initiatives, environmental resilience projects, and projects that support energy efficiency and carbon emission reductions, water savings and re-use, and waste reduction and recycling.
- Sustainability education and community engagement, across all areas.
The Environmental Grants Program will support projects that clearly demonstrate and support:
- protection of the natural environment
- climate change mitigation and adaptation
- a reduction in resource consumption such as water or energy or a reduction in waste generation
- an increase in sustainable behaviours in the community
- alignment with the commitments and aspirations in Council’s Protect. Create. Live – Northern Beaches Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
- Up to $5,000 (excl. GST) for one year programs
- Partial funding may be recommended for a number of reasons.
- 28 June 2021, 9am - applications open
- 2 August 2021, 5pm - applications close
- August - October 2021:
- eligibility screening of applications
- assessment by panels and anticipated report to Council
- Council approval of successful grants
- November 2021:
- notification to applicants
- invoices and signed funding agreements returned
- distribution of funding
- 31 December 2022 - projects completed, unless otherwise agreed
- 31 January 2023 - acquittal reports submitted, unless otherwise agreed.
Information and grant writing sessions
It is strongly advised that a member of your organisation attend an information session to discuss your project prior to submission to ensure the project is eligible, well coordinated with both Council and existing community initiatives, and answer any questions about the application process.
- Online session on Wednesday 7 July, 11am – 12.30pm (register via email)
- Online session on Tuesday 13 July, 6 – 7.30pm (register via email).
Grant writing webinars are available on Council’s website anytime. The webinars cover general overview of grant writing with shorter videos on other relevant topics. Please note the grant writing webinar is general in nature and not specific to any particular grant program.
Enquiries and application support
For more information and to enquire about your application please call Jacqueline Grove or Leonie Netting on 1300 434 434 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org