Eco-Schools encourages local schools to become more environmentally friendly, measurably reduce their carbon footprint and become leaders in sustainability and climate action.
Northern Beaches Council has established the program to support local schools on their sustainability journey. A total pool of $10,000 is on offer with $2,000 across five streams including:
- Bush regeneration
- Carbon reduction
- Waste reduction
- Water reuse and reduction
- Sustainability education.
Council will reward initiatives that produce a sustainable, demonstrable and measurable reduction in your school’s carbon footprint. Projects could include, but are not limited to:
- ‘Enquiry learning’ sustainability initiatives
- Professional development for teachers to learn how to implement measurable, sustainability initiatives.
- Native bees, native bushland, bush tucker gardens, frog ponds, composting.
Grants close 9am 24 February. All applicants will be notified in writing the outcome of their application. It is anticipated that the assessment process will be undertaken in February 2020 and the recommended recipients will go to the March 2020 Council meeting for adoption.
2019 Grant Recipients
Six local public primary schools were awarded Eco Schools Grants for 2019, with project funds totalling $10,000. View the recipients