Applying for Category 1 ClubGrants in the Northern Beaches LGA
Northern Beaches clubs accepting applications are listed further below.
- You can search for these Clubs on ClubGrants online.
- Or proceed to a Club’s Category 1 application via their website below
Preference will be given to projects and programs that:
- Are delivered by locally based organisations that benefit residents of the Northern Beaches
- Meet the Local Priorities for the Northern Beaches (listed at the end of this document)
- Applications are open Monday 10 February 2020 and close 5pm, Friday 17 April 2020.
- Applications are centrally assessed to limit applicants making multiple applications for the same project.
- Final funding decisions are made by the individual clubs by 31 August 2020.
For more information please contact the Club/s you are proposing to lodge an application to.
Please note, several Northern Beaches clubs are not proceeding with ClubGrants this year due to the impact of Covid-19 on their operations.
Applications accepted by the Clubs below.
Balgowlah RSL Club
Club Totem, Manly Warringah Masonic & Community Club
Harbord Diggers, Mounties Group
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club
Pittwater RSL Club
Local Area Priorities
The ClubGrants Guidelines state Category 1 expenditure is for projects and/or services that contribute to the welfare and broader social fabric of the local community, and are aimed at improving the living standards of low income and disadvantaged people.
Applications that aim to reduce social disadvantage and have an early intervention focus will generally be ranked highly by the local ClubGrants assessment panel; as well as programs and projects that address the following needs or service gaps:
- Reducing social isolation and increasing community connectedness
- Supporting and promoting mental health, healthy lifestyles and wellbeing
- Enhancing employment outcomes, particularly for those that experience barriers to participation in the workforce.
- Affordable housing initiatives and supporting tenants
- Increase the liveability of neighbourhoods and place-based connectedness eg neighbourhood and youth drop-in centres or creative arts/cultural initiatives.
- Preventing domestic violence
- Increasing community safety and preventing crime eg addressing drug and alcohol related issues
- Ensuring public safety (eg water/surf safety, fires, crime)
- Raising awareness and providing community education on a range of important social issues
Generally support the following groups:
- Children (0-11yrs)
- Youth (12-24yrs)
- Seniors (55yrs +)
- People with disabilities
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) backgrounds
- Homeless persons or those at risk of homelessness
- Vulnerable and at-risk children and their families
- Victims of crisis including domestic violence
- Those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex (LGBTI)
Community Development Officer, Northern Beaches Council
Phone: 9976 1562