The Environmental Art & Design Prize is a new platform to share your creative views on our unique Australian landscape, issues impacting us and perhaps even your ideas to make the world a better place.
Whether you're a designer of objects, painter, photographer or, if you're thinking about renewal, regeneration, or want to shine a light on an aspect of our human experience in the world, this Prize is an opportunity for you to share new work and support this important conversation.
This year the Prize judges are internationally renowned artist Euan Macleod; artist, designer and curator Liane Rossler; and CEO and Artistic Director of the Australian Design Centre, Lisa Cahill.
The Prize is an inclusive and diverse exhibition that celebrates the vibrancy of the arts and design community within and beyond the Northern Beaches and this year will be presented across three Northern Beaches’ arts venues from 6 – 22 August 2021: Manly Art Gallery & Museum (MAG&M); Creative Space, North Curl Curl and the Mona Vale Creative Pop Up Gallery.
Artists and designers are encouraged to apply in one or two of the following categories:
Open, $5,000 each category
- Ceramics & Small Sculpture (in any medium, including glass and waste to art)
- Functional Design (eg: architecture, urban design, a prototype of an object/product, furniture)
- Wearable Design (fashion and textiles)
- Digital Work, Film and Video (eg. film, video story and animation)
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration (eg: art & science; design & engineering)
- Works on Paper and Photography (including drawing and printmaking)
Young artists & designers, $2,000 each category
- Ages 7 - 12 years
- Ages 13 - 18 years
Entries now open
Entries close: Monday 21 June
Finalists announced: Monday 5 July
Prize winners announced: Friday 6 August
Exhibition dates: 6 – 22 August 2021 - The Prize will be shown over two weeks at Manly Art Gallery & Museum, Creative Space North Curl Curl, and the new Mona Vale Creative Pop Up Gallery (Level 1, Mona Vale Civic Centre).
People’s Choice Awards announced: Tuesday 24 August
Contact us via email or call 1300 434 434.