Beyond COVID: Social Impacts and Community Responses
While early in the coronavirus pandemic the Northern Beaches was considered a hotspot, it was also home to a number of community-led initiatives aimed at alleviating the effects of the pandemic on the most vulnerable.
As we look to the next stage of the recovery, what have we learned from our time in lockdown?
What will the ‘new normal’ look like?
How do we continue to grow community connection, cohesion and compassion as we return to a post-pandemic society?
- Dr Norman Swan, renowned health journalist and physician
- Lucinda Brogden AM, Chair of the National Mental Health Commission
- Dr Sean Turnell, Associate Professor of Economics at Macquarie University
- Greg Jones, former principal and executive member of Community Co-op Northern Beaches
- Coronacast Podcast with Dr Norman Swan
- Community Co-op Northern Beaches Facebook page
- #InThisTogether - National Mental Health Commission
- Understanding the Social Impacts of COVID-19 - University of Queensland
- #ViralKindness Northern Beaches Facebook group
- Find out more about Community Support during COVID-19