The 24/7 Youth Film Festival comprises of four key components:
- Launch Event
- Skill Development / Filmmaking Workshop
- Competition Weekend
- Make your Video!
All film entries that meet the criteria are screened at over two nights. The top 10 films that are up for a prize will be played at Hoyts for the Finals Night.
$50 per team to be paid at the competition weekend.
Of course, we love to see people come back and welcome all new entrants as long as you fall within the age category.
12 people maximum, 1 person minimum (yep – it’s been done before)
We are still ironing out the logistics, but in previous years categories were:
· Best Film
· Best U/18 Film
· Best U/15 Film
· Best Audio
· Best Actor
· Best Actress
· Best Use of an Item
· People’s Choice Award
· Best Script
· Best Cinematography
Films are judged on script, acting, cinematography, editing, audio, originality and creativity and overall impression.
You can find a complete list of the Conditions of Entry.
- Camera or iPhone – There’s plenty of options to hire equipment. But don’t feel pressure to shoot by camera, plenty of teams have used their iPhones in the past.
- Computer – for your editing and transferring of film.
- USB – for your film to be handed in on.
These are just the basics. Don’t forget actors, extras, props, transport and a winning attitude of course! Come along to the Launch Night and Filmmaking Workshop for some great tips to help you figure out exactly what you need along the way. Info and dates can be found here.
Yes, most computers come with their own free editing software.
Yes! Keep your eye out for exact details of tech support available on our Facebook.
- Before Competition Launch – come along to the Launch Night and Filmmaking Workshop check for advice and helpful tips & tricks (Info and dates can be found here). Get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific question and we’ll try our best to help!
- During 24 Hour Competition Period – 5pm - 11pm Saturday, 8 - 10am Sunday (there will be a tech support person on hand at the Dee Why Civic Centre drop off point).
Your film must contain specific items and our secret rule, which we will announce at the Competition Weekend. In saying that, you can start brain storming or have a rough idea of a script and ideas ready and just adapt around it.