Our free bulky goods clean up collections are your opportunity to free up space at home. Get rid of all sorts of bulky items you don’t need any more, or that you can’t recycle or reuse in any other way, including mattresses.
Former Warringah Council area
If you live in the former Warringah Council area (Queenscliff to Narrabeen), Council collects bulky goods from your neighbourhood twice a year.
We’ll notify you with a letterbox drop three weeks before the collection date. We don’t publish scheduled collection dates in advance in order to deter dumping.
Former Manly or Pittwater Council areas
If you live in the former Manly (Manly to Seaforth) or Pittwater Council (Narrabeen to Palm Beach) areas you can arrange two pre-booked collections per year (subject to availability).
We’ll send you an email confirmation and you can opt for an SMS reminder ahead of time in case you forget.
If you need to cancel, just call Customer Service on 1300 434 434 (until the Sunday before your pre-booked collection day).
Please note - if you’ve pre-booked a collection and forget to place your items out, it will still count as one of your two annual clean-ups.
Scotland Island and Western Foreshore
Council collects bulky goods from Scotland Island and the Western Foreshore twice a year. You can find out about upcoming collections on your waste calendar.
Please Remember When You Put Items Out
- Items should be on the kerb or nature strip no earlier than the night before your property’s booked collection or the weekend before your area’s scheduled collection
- Dismantle large items so they can be more easily loaded
- Remove doors from stoves, washing machines and fridges
- Place metal items in separate pile for recycling
- Keep it to three cubic metres – what would fit into a small box trailer
What We Can Collect
- Mattresses and bed bases
- Air mattresses
- Non-recyclable household items
- Up to 12 fence palings
- Rolled and tied up carpets up to 1.8m long
- Empty hot water systems
- White goods
- Up to three sheets of metal roofing maximum size1m x 1.5m
- Metal chairs
- Items made entirely from metal
Please Don’t Put These Items Out
- Heavy items that can’t be safely moved by two people
- Liquid or business waste
- E-waste, specifically TVs, computers
- Car parts, tyres, oils
- Sheet glass, mirrors, windows, glass tables
- Building material, including insulation, brick, rubble, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, asbestos
- Hazardous waste, including smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, gas bottles, chemicals, paint, car batteries
- Vegetation, recyclable material, household garbage
- Bean bags with polystyrene beads
- Small items like knives, forks and spoons. (Nothing smaller than a toaster)
Use All the Recycling Resources Available to You
You could reduce the items going to landfill by holding a garage sale before your collection. Or give items to a charity or a friend. Check out other ideas and resources on the Northern Beaches to help you recycle and reduce waste:
If you have any issues please call Waste Services on 1300 434 434.