We’re working hard building and maintaining better roads and pathways for our community. Everyone has a part to play and here we provide information and opportunities for you to become involved. Have your say in building a better community.

Reporting problems

Hit a pothole? Have us investigate damage to roads, footpaths, bus shelters and more by using our report a road issue form or report a traffic issue form.

Requesting road changes

We can make changes to our roads in consultation with the RMS and our Local Traffic Committee. You can suggest changes such as safety improvements, new signs etc. by reporting a road issue. Alternatively call Customer Service on 1300 434 434. 

Local Traffic Committee

The Local Traffic Committee (LTC) consists of voting representatives from the Council, the RMS, State Government and NSW Police. It also regularly takes advice from Sydney Buses, Forest Coach Lines, pedestrian and cycling representatives.

See the Local Traffic Committee Agendas and Minutes.

Road works

Council maintenance crews and contractors are busy resurfacing and carrying out repairs to our local roads. We try hard to minimise disruption for residents and other road users, providing plenty of notice before work begins. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

Reporting problems with state roads

These state roads belong to the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS). If there's a problem with the road or traffic lights, call them on 132 213.

  • Warringah Road
  • Warringah Road / Forest Way pedestrian overpass
  • Warringah Road, Forestville pedestrian overpass and lift
  • Pittwater Road - with the exception of Pittwater Road from the junction with Barrenjoey Road at Mona Vale through to  McCarrs Creek Road, Church Point.
  • Warringah mall pedestrian overpass
  • Condamine Street
  • Burnt Bridge Creek Deviation
  • Mona Vale Road
  • McCarrs Creek Road - Between Mona Vale Road and the eastern boundary of Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park (with the exception of McCarrs Creek Road - Church Point to eastern boundary of Ku-Ring-Gai Chase national Park)
  • Wakehurst Parkway
  • Forest Way
  • West Head Road
  • Liberator General San Martin Drive
  • Barrenjoey Road
  • Ocean Road (Barrenjoey Road to Palm Beach Road, Palm Beach)
  • Sydney Road - with the exception of Sydney Road between Frenchs Forest Road and Magarra Road, Seaforth
  • Frenchs Forest Road, Seaforth
  • Clontarf St - Frenchs Forest Road to Wakehurst Parkway Seaforth
  • Manly Road, Seaforth
  • Belgrave Street Manly

Street lights

From time to time the street lights go out. If the street lights are out in your neighbourhood this needs to be reported directly to Ausgrid on 1800 044 808 (freecall).

Pedestrian crossings

The installation of a pedestrian crossing must be carefully considered to ensure the safety and needs of everyone who uses our...