Parking in Church Point
Church Point parking services both the on shore and off shore residents, visitors to the area and businesses.
There are different options available to those wishing to park:
- Pay and display parking at the Church Point Reserve Carpark – please note that the beach parking permit is not valid at this location
- Church Point Parking Permit – this is an annual permit available for purchase on an annual or half year basis. The permit is valid from 1 September – 31 August or 1 March – 31 August for a half permit. Please see the application form for more information including pricing.
- Church Point Reserved Parking Space Scheme – This entitles the applicant to a reserved parking space on the top floor of the Church point carpark. Details of this can be found in the application form - Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space and there is also more information below.
- There are some timed spaces in Church Point which are not ticketed. These are in front of the shops and wharf and also along McCarrs Creek Road. These vary from 5 minute parking to 8 hour parking.
Alternatives to parking in Church Point:
- Park in Mona Vale or Warriewood for free and then catch a Keoride - a Transport for NSW initiative.
- Park in Bayview Baths with a Beach parking permit for free and catch a bus
- There are regular bus services from Mona Vale
- Taxis or uber operate in this area
Boat trailer parking
Find out about boat trailer parking in the area.
Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space Scheme
There are currently no spaces available.
Apply to be on our waitlist by emailing the parking operations team.
Additional keys and coupons for current account holders
Reserved space holders can apply for up to three additional coupons per space. Two may be for vehicles that are not registered to the applicant’s address, e.g. carer etc. There is a maximum of four coupons per term. If four have been issued, no more may be purchased for the remainder of the two year term. Council will re-issue permits to the same coupon holder only in the event of a new vehicle.
There is a $25 administration fee per coupon and council may only issue 2 keys per space. Each key will require a $204 key bond.
The coupons are not transferrable and details cannot be changed.
To apply for additional coupons, applicants must contact the parking operations team in writing (email or post) or attend in person, and provide the following:
- A current driving licence for the second key holder and
- Current registration documents for the additional vehicle(s)
- Evidence that the vehicle will be used for residential purposes only (registration to the offshore address or a statutory declaration).
If there is no waitlist for additional spaces at the end of the term, (1 May 2018 – 30 April 2020), a ballot will not be held and customers will continue to reserve a space on a month-to-month basis until the waitlist has one person on it.
At this time, a new application process will commence and the ballot and allocation of spaces will be completed within three months.
1. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space cannot be sold with the property and is not transferable to new owners. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space remains the property of Northern Beaches Council and will automatically return to Council at completion of property sale.
2. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space will return to Council if your eligibility or place of residence changes. This includes relocating to another property in one of the nominated locations. Refunds may apply.
3. Completed applications received prior to the closing date and that meet eligibility criteria shall be listed in a ballot system. Incomplete applications or those which do not submit all requested supporting documents will not be processed.
4. The reserved parking space term is from 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2020. If there is no waitlist for additional spaces at the end of the term, a ballot will not be held and customers will continue to reserve a space on a month-to-month basis until the waitlist has one person on it. At this time, a new application process will commence and the ballot and allocation of spaces will be completed within three months.
5. The Reserved Parking Space will solely be used for residential purposes.
6. The Reserved Parking Spaces are only available on the upper level of Church Point Carpark.
7. Renewal of your application if not guaranteed and a new ballot process will be conducted every two years. If there is a waitlist three months prior to the end of the two-year term, a new application and ballot process will commence with the successful applicants new term starting
at the completion of the previous term. If there are more applicants than spaces, a ballot will be conducted by council to determine who is successful. Spaces are allocated first on special needs such as mobility permits and then a ballot system is used. Successful applicants will still have a guaranteed minimum two-year term from the closure of the application process and ballot.
8. Replacement coupons or keys will only be issued where a coupon or key is lost, stolen or damaged or if the associated vehicle is sold or disposed of (fees apply).
9. If your coupon or key is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be asked to complete a statutory declaration, provide a Police Event Number or return the damaged coupon or key.
10. Your coupon must be displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard of the vehicle. It must not be displayed under the tint of the windscreen or otherwise obscured.
11. Your vehicle must have current registration, be roadworthy and not present a hazard to the public or the environment.
12. Cancellation must be made five days prior to the end of the month in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org No refunds will be given for early termination. Coupons and keys must be returned before any refund is processed.
13. The parking area is not to be used for any purpose other than use by the associated vehicle (eg: storage).
14. Eligible applicants with a valid Mobility Parking Scheme permit and/or an Australian Disability Parking Permit are to provide details of these permits with their application. Eligibility for the ballot is not affected by these permits. There are no designated accessible car parking spaces within the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Scheme area. Accessible spaces are available for general use within the Pay and Display Area on the lower ground level of the Church Point Carpark, which is not related to this scheme.
15. Council will maintain the bollards installed in the car parking spaces located on the upper level of the Church Point carpark. However the holder of the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space is required to lock the bollard in the allocated space when not in use. Council is not responsible for any vehicle parking in the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space holder’s bay if the bollard was not securely locked prior to departure. Any damage caused to the bollard by the permit holder will be at their cost.
16. The parking space allocated is determined through the ballot system and you must park legally in the allocated space.
17. Only one vehicle per space is to be parked at any time.
18. Reserved space holders can apply for up to three additional coupons per space (fees apply). Two may be for vehicles that are not registered to the applicant’s address, e.g. carer etc. Proof that this vehicle will use the space for residential purposes only will have to be provided, e.g. vehicle registered to nominated off-shore property or a stat dec. Council is not responsible for any parking arrangements or disputed in the event that the applicant opts for an additional key and coupons.
19. Council’s decision in the allocation of car parking spaces in the Church Point Carpark is final. If you feel that you have valid concerns relating to the process, please put your concerns in writing to email@example.com
20. In the case of an unsuccessful direct debit payment the parking operations team will send you an invoice. The invoice must be paid within 14 days. If payment is not received your parking account will be terminated and your reserved parking space coupon will become invalid which could result in an infringement.
21. These conditions and fees may change without notice. Fees are subject to an annual increase, please check Council’s website or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1 July.
There are spaces available.
Eligibility was different for all rounds. Please review the Application Process and Guidelines.
- You are a Northern Beaches resident or property owner
- The parking space will be used for residential purposes in the Church Point precinct
- Your vehicle is not a trailer, caravan, heavy vehicle, motorcycle, scooter or tractor
- Your vehicle is registered in the applicant’s name
Only light passenger vehicles registered in the applicant’s name against an allocated space and coupon are eligible to park in the upper level of the Church Point carpark.
Trailers, caravans, boats, heavy vehicles, motorcycles, scooters or tractors are not eligible.
- Current drivers licence – front and back must be provided
- Recent utility bill (telephone/internet or electricity) showing the full residential address where the service is provided.
- Council rates notice for property owners or current residential lease agreement for tenanted properties (property address on the lease agreement must match the application address)
- Proof that the vehicle will be used for residential purposes, e.g. vehicle and driving licence are registered to the Church Point precinct, or a Statutory Declaration Any documentation submitted with a PO Box address will not be accepted unless a reason is provided i.e. address on fire trail
- If the vehicle is registered to a company, documentation that the applicant has the vehicle for personal use and when in the reserved space will only be used for residential purposes must be provided on business letterhead.
Any documentation submitted with a PO Box address will not be accepted unless a reason is provided i.e. address on fire trail
If there are more applicants than spaces, a ballot will be conducted by council to determine who is successful. Spaces are allocated first on special needs such as mobility permits and then a ballot system is used.
Yes, if successful you will be provided with a coupon which must be displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard of the vehicle adjacent to the Church Point Parking Permit. It must not be displayed under the tint of the windscreen or otherwise obscured.
Reserved space holders can apply for up to three additional coupons per space. Two may be for vehicles that are not registered to the applicant’s address, e.g. carer etc.
There is a maximum of four coupons per term. If four have been issued, no more may be purchased for the remainder of the two year term. Council will re-issue permits to the same coupon holder only in the event of a new vehicle.
The coupon is not transferable between vehicles. Only the vehicle with the registration displayed on the coupon is eligible to park in the space.
A vehicle displaying a valid parking coupon is able to park without time restriction within a reserved space on the top floor of the Church Point Carpark.
Vehicles not displaying a valid coupon may result in compliance action, including penalty notices.
Payment can be made monthly via direct debit or an annual invoice.
Cancellation must be made five days prior to the end of the month in writing. No refunds will be given for early termination.