Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space Scheme
All rounds to apply for a reserve car parking space located on the upper level of the Church Point Carpark have closed.
Applicants have been notified on whether they were successful in obtaining a reserved space. Keys and coupons are now available for collection from Mona Vale Customer Service.
If you would like to be put on the waitlist for a parking space please contact complete the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space Scheme Application Form
Submit via email or at one of our Customer Service Centres.
For more information, please review the Application Process and Guidelines.
If a successful applicant would like to apply for another key and coupon for their same space then they must email the parking operations team and provide the following:
- A current driving licence for the second key holder
- Current registration documents for the second vehicle
- Evidence that the vehicle will be used for residential purposes only. (This may be that the vehicle is registered to an offshore location or a statutory declaration can be provided).
An invoice will be sent to the applicant. The cost is $25 for the coupon and a $200 bond for the second key. Please allow 5 working days for your request to be processed.
Church Point Parking FAQs
The current term of the permit is 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2020
1. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space cannot be sold with the property and is not transferable to new owners. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space remains the property of Northern Beaches Council and will automatically return to Council at completion of property sale.
2. The Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space will return to Council if your eligibility or place of residence changes. This includes relocating to another property in one of the nominated locations. Refunds may apply.
3. Completed applications received prior to the closing date and that meet eligibility criteria shall be listed in a ballot system. Incomplete applications or those which do not submit all requested supporting documents will not be processed.
4. The Reserved Parking Space is valid from 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2020.
5. The Reserved Parking Space will solely be used for residential purposes.
6. The Reserved Parking Spaces are only available on the upper level of Church Point Carpark.
7. Renewal of your application is not guaranteed and a new ballot process will be conducted every two years.
8. Replacement coupons or keys will only be issued where a coupon or key is lost, stolen or damaged or if the associated vehicle is sold or disposed of (fees apply).
9. If your coupon or key is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be asked to complete a statutory declaration, provide a Police Event Number or return the damaged coupon or key.
10. Your coupon must be displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard of the vehicle. It must not be displayed under the tint of the windscreen or otherwise obscured.
11. Your vehicle must have current registration, be roadworthy and not present a hazard to the public or the environment.
12. Refunds may apply during the two year term for early termination. Requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com with two weeks notice. Coupons and keys must be returned before any refund is processed. There will be no refunds issued in the last two weeks of the quarter.
13. The parking area is not to be used for any purpose other than use by the associated vehicle (eg: storage).
14. Eligible applicants with a valid Mobility Parking Scheme permit and/or an Australian Disability Parking Permit are to provide details of these permits with their application. Eligibility for the ballot is not affected by these permits. There are no designated accessible car parking spaces within the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Scheme area. Accessible spaces are available for general use within the Pay and Display Area on the lower ground level of the Church Point Carpark, which is not related to this scheme.
15. Council will maintain the bollards installed in the car parking spaces located on the upper level of the Church Point carpark. However the holder of the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space is required to lock the bollard in the allocated space when not in use. Council is not responsible for any vehicle parking in the Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space holder’s bay if the bollard was not securely locked prior to departure. Any damage caused to the bollard by the permit holder will be at their cost.
16. The parking space allocated is determined through the ballot system and you must park legally in the allocated space.
17. Only one vehicle per space is to be parked at any time.
18. An extra vehicle may be allocated a key and coupon per reserved space (fees apply). Proof that this vehicle will use the space for residential purposes only will have to be provided, e.g. vehicle registered to nominated off-shore property. Council is not responsible for any parking arrangements or disputes in the event that the applicant opts for an additional key and coupon.
19. Council’s decision in the allocation of car parking spaces in the Church Point Carpark is final. If you feel that you have valid concerns relating to the process, please put your concerns in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently all 68 spaces have been reserved. These are reserved until 30 April 2020.
You can still apply to be put on the waiting list so that if someone no longer required their parking space, the next in line will be given the opportunity to take over until 30 April 2020.
Eligibility was different for all rounds. Please review the Application Process and Guidelines.
- You are a Northern Beaches resident or property owner
- The parking space will be used for residential purposes in the Church Point precinct
- Your vehicle is not a trailer, caravan, heavy vehicle, motorcycle, scooter or tractor
- Your vehicle is registered in the applicant’s name
Only light passenger vehicles registered in the applicant’s name against an allocated space and coupon are eligible to park in the upper level of the Church Point carpark.
Trailers, caravans, boats, heavy vehicles, motorcycles, scooters or tractors are not eligible.
- Current drivers licence – front and back must be provided
- Recent utility bill (telephone/internet or electricity) showing the full residential address where the service is provided.
- Council rates notice for property owners or current residential lease agreement for tenanted properties (property address on the lease agreement must match the application address)
- Proof that the vehicle will be used for residential purposes, e.g. vehicle and driving licence are registered to the Church Point precinct, or a Statutory Declaration Any documentation submitted with a PO Box address will not be accepted unless a reason is provided i.e. address on fire trail
- If the vehicle is registered to a company, documentation that the applicant has the vehicle for personal use and when in the reserved space will only be used for residential purposes must be provided on business letterhead.
Any documentation submitted with a PO Box address will not be accepted unless a reason is provided i.e. address on fire trail
Applications will be collected during the application process as outlined in the Application Process and Guidelines.
Completed applications received prior to the application closing date that meet eligibility criteria shall be listed in a ballot system and coupons made available at random by a system under the supervision of the Northern Beaches Office of Integrity and Complaints Resolution. A waiting list will be created if demand exceeds the number of reserved spaces.
Yes, if successful you will be provided with a coupon which must be displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard of the vehicle adjacent to the Church Point Parking Permit. It must not be displayed under the tint of the windscreen or otherwise obscured.
The coupon is not transferable between vehicles. Only the vehicle with the registration displayed on the coupon is eligible to park in the space.
A vehicle displaying a valid parking coupon is able to park without time restriction within a reserved space on the top floor of the Church Point Carpark.
Vehicles not displaying a valid coupon may result in compliance action, including penalty notices.
The space is reserved for your nominated vehicle for two years. The expiry date is printed on each coupon. Coupons must be renewed prior to the expiry date to ensure infringements are not incurred.
To renew your coupon, please complete the appropriate application form and return it to Council during the renewal application period. Renewal is not guaranteed and will be issued on a ballot system every two years.
The current coupons will be valid from 1 May 2018 – 30 April 2020.
Council will commence the next application process prior to the 30 April 2020.
Council will offer the space to the first person on the waiting list, created during the application period through the ballot system.