The lead agency for road emergencies is the NSW Roads & Maritime Services (RMS)

The Northern Beaches covers 257 square kilometres, networked by hundreds of roads and residential streets. We take maintaining our roads seriously. We also need to respond to issues and emergencies on our roads responsibly . So if you see an emergency situation or something that needs fixing, please let us know. 

To report an emergency on the road

Call Triple Zero (000).

If you’re deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment, call 106.

Non-urgent events on main roads

Main roads on the Northern Beaches include Pittwater Road, Barrenjoey Road, Mona Vale Road and Wakehurst Parkway, to name a few. To report things like tree damage, oil spills, damage to roadways or traffic sign faults, call the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Transport Management Centre, 24 hours a day.

RMS Transport Management Centre: 13 17 00

Non-urgent events on the local street system

The local street system on the Northern Beaches does not include main roads. Please report a road issue to Council.

Northern Beaches Council 24-hour hotline: 1300 434 434.

Useful links