Are you ready? Being prepared can save lives and help you and your family make better decisions when disaster strikes.
Five simple steps
Follow these simple steps to start preparing your plan:
Know your risk
Think about the area you live in and the types of disasters that could affect you. Use the hazard map tool to understand what risks your property may be exposed to.
Plan now for what you will do
Even if your property is not subject to any risks, having a plan is still important for when the unexpected happens.
- Get your property ready - a prepared property is less likely to be impacted by the impacts of a natural hazard. Visit the Understanding our local threats and Resources webpages on what you can do to prepare.
- Get your pets and animals ready - planning for pets and other animals is an important part of emergency preparations.
- Get your business ready - There are some really practical and easy actions you can take now to prepare your business for an emergency.
- Tune into ABC Radio 702AM to listen to warnings and advice.
- Connect with Emergency Services to stay informed.
Look out for each other
Reach out to family, friends, neighbours and those who may need assistance, particularly those who are more vulnerable.