All homeowners on the Northern Beaches are now required to lodge their Construction Certificate Applications via the NSW Planning Portal.

This follows a mandate by the NSW Government for 42 Councils in metropolitan Sydney to use the e-planning Portal.  It is recommended that applicants take note of the steps below to prevent any delays in the processing of Construction Certificate Applications.

Steps to lodging your Construction Certificate Application

Prior to lodging your CC application, please refer to the steps below to ensure you lodge an assessment ready application:

  • Read Council's Construction Certificate Requirements below to determine what you reports and documentation may be applicable for your application
  • Talk to your builder or consultant about complying with all your legal obligations
  • Obtain a fee quote using our Fee Estimator to submit with your application.

How to lodge your Construction Certificate (CC) on the NSW Planning Portal

You can apply for a Construction Certificate after your Development Application has been approved. To apply for a CC online you must register and login to the NSW Planning Portal -

We've outlined some steps to assist you in lodging your application through the NSW Planning Portal

Step 1 - Register or Login

Access the NSW Planning Portal and either login to your account or refer to Register for a Planning Portal account guide to create an account.

Step 2 - Enter your specific Construction Certificate application details

Enter the specific application details in the portal using the Submit a Construction Certificate guide. Note, Council no longer have a CC Application Form, the Planning Portal automatically creates one based on the information provided by the Applicant at lodgement. To prevent unnecessary delays with the processing of your CC Application, ensure the following is uploaded in support of your application.

  • Signed owners consent
  • Boundary Identification Survey (if applicable, with the exception of change of use or internal alterations only)
  • Construction Certificate Plans (a full set of architectural plans complying with the conditions of Development Consent)
  • Structural Plans and details (designed a suitably qualified structural engineer)
  • Stormwater plans (if applicable)
  • Geotechnical Assessment (if applicable)
  • Building specifications
  • Evidence of compliance with conditions of Development Consent
  • Bushfire assessment report (if applicable)
  • BASIX certificate
  • Sydney Water building plan approval
  • Other plans or documents may be applicable depending on the proposal and site

Step 3 - Fee estimator and payment

Use our fee estimator for CC Applications to determine the fees applicable and once your application is ready for acceptance Council will issue an invoice. DO NOT upload payment details to the Planning Portal.

Step 4 - Completeness check

Once you have submitted the application through the Portal, Council will review the documentation for completeness. Based on the information submitted, Council will make a decision to accept the application, request additional information or reject the application.  If Council need additional information, you will receive an email from the Planning Portal outlining exactly what information is required to be submitted for Council to proceed to formally accepting your application.

Note, it is preferable for applicants to upload all required additional information at the same time, to help ensure an efficient and smooth process.

Contact our Business Support & Administration Team on 1300 434 434 if you have queries about the additional information request.

Support available for our applicants

Should you encounter difficulties with logging in to the planning portal or registering your planning portal account, refer to the NSW Department of Planning, Industry & Environment's FAQ web page, call Service NSW on 1300 305 695 or email

Phone us on 1300 434 434 and speak to the Business Support & Administration Team - If you have lodged your application and wish to enquire as to a status update or which Building Surveyor the application has been allocated to.