Our planning department is responsible for ensuring that the development and conservation in the Manly area complies with the NSW planning instruments and control plans.
Manly Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2013
The Manly Local Environment Plan 2013 (as amended) is made up of a written instrument and maps. The LEP commenced on 19 April 2013. The written instrument and maps are available through the following link:
- Manly Local Environment Plan 2013, as amended - Written Instrument and Maps on NSW Government Legislation Website
Manly Development Control Plan (DCP) 2013
Manly Development Control Plan 2013 should be read in conjunction with, and in addition to Manly Local Environment Plan 2013. The DCP supports the LEP with more detailed planning and design guidelines. The DCP was initially adopted on 16 July 2012, and commenced on 19 April 2013.
Manly DCP 2013 is structured to assist applicants to efficiently find the relevant development provisions in a logical manner as follows:
- Part 1 - Introduction
This Part outlines the Plan’s purpose and structure, its relationship with other Plans and Policies and a detailed Table of Contents and General Aims and Objectives.
Part 2 - Process (what do I lodge with the DA & how is the DA notified)
This Part outlines exhibition, advertising and notification processes.
Part 3 - General Principles of Development
This Part outlines general development principles to be considered and applied as relevant for all forms of development.
Part 4 - Development Controls and Development Types
This Part outlines development controls relating to residential, commercial and industrial development as well as a range of other specific development types.
Part 5 - Special Character Precincts, Areas and Sites
This Part contains additional guidelines including design requirements and/or environmental sensitivities which exist for certain places that require special consideration. Development Proposals are also to have regard to the general provisions of Parts 3 and 4, in conjunction with the additional design requirements of this Part.
The Schedules comprise a range of maps, tables and additional details referred to in the Plan
The Dictionary adopts meanings contained in Manly LEP 2013 and provides a range of additional dictionary meanings not otherwise provided in the LEP
Policies and Other Matters
- Development Control Policy for Manly Cove 1996 (142.76 KB)
- Bush Fire Prone Land Map 2010 (7.12 MB)
- Manly Industrial Zone Master Plan (14.43 MB)
- Manly Council Paving Design Guidelines February 2002 (11.60 MB)
- Manly Council Urban Design Guidelines. Site Bounded by Darley Road, South Steyne, Victoria Parade and Wentworth Street. October 2011 (6.25 MB)
- Balgowlah Shopping Centre Urban Design Controls 1999 (386.40 KB)
- Balgowlah Shopping Centre Urban Design Plan 1999 - Main Document (1.35 MB)
- Balgowlah Shopping Centre Urban Design Plan 1999 - Appendix (2.58 MB)
- Manly Code for the Protection of Buildings against Termite Attack 1996 (101.82 KB)
- Specification for Stormwater Drainage 2003 (296.54 KB)
- Specification for On-site Stormwater Management 2003 - Main Document (1.37 MB)
- Specification for On-site Stormwater Management 2003 - Appendix Maps (1.84 MB)
- Specification for Civil Infrastructure, Development & Subdivisions 2003 (2.23 MB)
- Contaminated Lands Policy 2003 (218.94 KB)
- Guidelines for Erosion and Sediment Control on Building Sites 2005 (12.34 MB)
- Sydney Harbour Regional Environmental Plan (SREP) Legislation