Our rules keep you and the community safe. They protect the look and feel of the Northern Beaches. If you are going to build on your property, whether it’s a major project, a new house, or an extension, you need to follow the rules - even if you are building a deck or a pergola, or wanting to remove trees.

Online Certificates

You can use our online tools to apply for Certificates (Planning, Rates Certificate 603, Outstanding Health & Building, Construction, Complying, Occupation & Notice of Commencement)

Do I Require Development Consent?

Get your next project off to the right start with the Northern Beaches planning rules and guidelines.

Development Application Process

Find DA Pre-Lodgement meeting information, application lodgement steps, forms and related development links.


Application forms for all permits and certificates you may need during your build.

Application Search

Use our Application Search tool to track the progress of Development Applications, make submissions or to view other current or past approvals across...

Planning Controls

Building on the Northern Beaches? Find links to our LEPs, DCPs, SEPPs and specific controls here.

Property Search

Use our Property Search to find the rules that apply to your next build.

Determination Panels

Some Development Applications (DAs) are determined by a panel. The panel makes a decision, or ‘determination’ in allowing the development or ...

Development Variation Registers

View our register of development applications determined with variation in standards under SEPP No 1- Development Standards

Environmental and Community Protections

Managing building sites correctly can reduce detrimental impacts on our Northern Beaches environment and community.

Development Contributions

Development contributions are a levy on new development to fund the provision of new or upgraded local infrastructure.