The Manly Environment Centre is an environmental education resource centre.
If you are a teacher, please check out our free Connected Classrooms Program, offering virtual excursions for your students.
As a resource centre and library, we can also assist with student projects, the Duke of Edinburgh Award program and student internships. We are also an active partner in the Taronga Zoo’s Project Penguin.
For more information about our programs please email us.
St John's Primary School, Dubbo
Schools – Connected Classrooms Program
Video conferencing for teachers offering virtual excursions for students.
Tap into this amazing resource and connect your class with other students on the Northern Beaches, across Australia and even around the world!
What does this program offer?
- Exciting, motivating, creative, informative and education events, known as ‘virtual excursions’. Join guest speakers, scientists, creatives and other experts in their field
- An opportunity to ignite students’ imagination and encourage critical and creative thinking; to explore the world beyond their classroom via a range of face-to-face and online/virtual environments
- Helps teachers use technology effectively within a pedagogical framework
- Aligns with the Australian Curriculum Frameworks and Syllabuses, endorsed by the NSW Board of Studies
- A creative way for students to celebrate events such as Arts & Science events, World Environment Day, World Oceans Day, Reconciliation Week, NAIDOC Week, Plastic Free July, Biodiversity month and more!
Join Connected Classrooms now for fun, educational and creative classes!
For further enquiries, please contact: Robynne.email@example.com