The many talented local young film makers whose entries that met the criteria were showcased on the big screen at Hoyts - split over two evenings 16 & 17 October 2018.
Finals and Awards Night
The top 10 finalists were played at the Awards Night at Hoyts on 28 October 2018.
It was attended by over 100 people and hosted hosted by Mitch Churi – a presenter from KIIS FM.
Special thanks to judges and sponsors who attended on the night:
- Marcia Clementson on behalf of Mark Clementson from Miller
- Heidi Tobin – Videocraft
- Nick Butchner - Marketing Consultancy & Services For The Production & Broadcast Industries
- Alan Nurthen – Screen Actors Workshop
2018 Secret Inclusions
Contestants were required to incorporate the secret rule, locations, phrases and items into their film. They learned of these at the start of the competition weekend.
Secret rule: this year’s Mental Health Month theme. “Share the Journey” – must be said or written.
Locations: Palm Beach Lighthouse, Terrey Hills Skate Park, Northern Beaches PCYC, Shelly Beach, Lionel Watts Reserve (include 1)
Items: a dog, bicycle, chocolate, a guitar, a hand ball, hula hoop, any reusable coffee cup, a Rubik’s Cube (include 2)
Congratulations to the teams who won one of the product and cash prizes (worth up to $5,000).
- Best Film: The Deed at Dusk
- Best Film Under 18: Awake
- Best Male Actor: Chris Mizzi - Lymes
- Best Male Actor Under 18: Noah Dejean – The Deed at Dusk
- Best Female Actor: Harmony Lovegrove – God’s Plan
- Best Cinematography: Awake
- Best Editing: Awake
- Best Script: The Deed at Dusk
- Best Use of Sound: Lymes
- Best Use of Items and Secret Rule: Coming Soon To Theatres
- Creativity and Originality Award: Doors
- Junior Encouragement Award: Near the Lighthouse
- Junior Encouragement Award: At the Psychologist
- People’s Choice Award: The Deed at Dusk
- Best Directing: The Deed at Dusk
- #TeamGram: The Lonely Giant
- #TeamGram: Conscience