NOTICE: Council and the Rural Fire Service are intending to undertake a hazard reduction burn, (conditions permitting) on Saturday 3 December 2022, on the Allambie Heights side of the Park. Parts of the Mountain Bike Trail, including 19th Hole, will be closed as a result. Detour via Martin Luther Place to Cootamundra Drive.
Manly Dam Mountain Bike Trail is one of Sydney's best and is enjoyed by beginners to advanced riders.
Before you ride, check track status above.
The best access points for the bike track are; Gibbs St, Manly Vale, Upper Clontarf St, North Balgowlah, Kirkwood St, Bantry Reserve, Seaforth and both Roosevelt Ave and Nyrang St at Allambie Heights.
Biking Code of Conduct
- The track should be ridden in a clockwise direction.
- Night mountain bike riding is not permitted.
- Keep to the signposted biking track
- Don't make new trails - it is not only illegal, it also degrades the park
- Don't cycle on walking tracks
- Enter the park from access points indicated on the map
- Give way to walkers and dismount when approaching groups - remember the bike track is a shared path
- Dismount near children's play areas
- Don't ride around water bars, steps or other erosion structures - they help stabilise tracks by minimising soil movement
- Keep speed and skidding to a minimum as this causes erosion
- When approaching blind corners ride on the left hand side of the track
- When riding on firebreaks behind houses, keep to the bush side to minimise grass and erosion damage
- Observe bike route closures
- After heavy rain, refrain from using the bike track for a few days or until the track dries out
- Remove soil from boots and tyres before entering the park - this will minimise the risk of root rot spreading to bushland
Due to wet weather or maintenance requirements, the track may be closed. These closures are made to ensure the ongoing use of the track in the long term. Status, as posted above, is updated regularly.