New emerging curator program
We are currently seeking applications from early practice curators for a one-off exhibition as part of the 2023 Creative Open program at Curl Curl Creative Space.
The successful applicant will participate in a mentorship program supported by the Manly Art Gallery & Museum (MAG&M) curatorial team with the delivery of an exhibition in July 2023.
The mentorship includes support in:
- concept development and research
- artist liaison and selection
- exhibition design
- exhibition writing/ essay
- development of other exhibition materials (i.e., wall labels and catalogue/ room sheet)
- budget management
The recipient will receive a curator’s fee and an overall project budget of $4650 consisting of:
- $2000 - Curator’s fee
- $2650 - Project funding (including artist fees, promotion and materials).
- Applications close: midnight 15 Dec 2022
- Applicants notified of outcome: 21 Dec 2022
- Mentorship: February - August 2023
- Exhibition outcome and public program delivery (one week): July 2023 (date TBC)
- Acquittal and evaluation report: August 2023
- Northern Beaches based - i.e., lives, works or has a connection to the Northern Beaches
- Emerging curator - first 10 years of practice
- Strength of exhibition concept/proposal
- Previous experience and ability to deliver the project
- Benefit to the applicant’s professional development
How to apply
by midnight, 15 December 2022.