Preventing Dementia community forums
These videos and resources have been sourced from our Preventing Dementia community forums held at Balgowlah, Dee Why, Avalon and Forestville in May 2018.
Successful ageing, dementia and reducing your risk
Professor Susan Kurrle, University of Sydney
Read Professor Kurrle's presentation slides.
- The Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre aims to improve the lives of people with dementia by developing, communicating, and implementing research that improves care.
- The Physical Comordities of Dementia 2018 is a useful booklet for people living with dementia and their caregivers.
- The Lancet Commission on dementia aims to review the best available evidence and produce recommendations on how to best manage, or even prevent, the dementia epidemic.
- Memory Problems – Information for people with dementia and their carers.
Healthy brain ageing, the importance of sleep and exercise
Professor Sharon Naismith, Clinical Neuropsychologist and National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Dementia Leadership Fellow and Head of the Healthy Brain Ageing Program at the Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney
Read Professor Naismith's presentation slides.
- The Brain and Mind Centre develops research and treatment for conditions of the brain and mind. This includes the Healthy Brain Ageing Program, a one-of-a-kind early intervention clinic for dementia.
Risk factors and tips to change your behaviour
Dr Dave Jenkins, Medical Director, End Alzheimer’s
Read Dr Jenkin's presentation slides.
- SharpBrains is a market research firm tracking health and performance applications of brain science.
- BeBrainFit is a consumer resource for information about maintaining and improving cognitive and mental health.
- Dr Dale Bredesen’s research and insights into the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s.
What is dementia and strategies to prevent it
Dr Pratishtha Chatterjee, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Macquarie University
Read Dr Chatterjee's presentation slides.
Your brain matters: five steps to maximise brain health
Paddye Parnell, Brain Health Awareness Partners Projects Officer, Dementia Australia
Read Paddye Parnell's presentation slides.
- Your Brain Matters is Dementia Australia’s evidence based program detailing the Five Simple Steps you can do to live a brain healthy life to help reduce the risk of developing dementia. Includes links to brain resources and tools.
- Dementia Daily provides latest news on dementia research, fact sheets and links to stories of people with dementia and their families, forums and blogs.