Who can use Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels supports an independent and social lifestyle for seniors. We provide tasty and nutritious home-delivered meals for residents aged over 65 or those aged over 50 years and who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Anyone can contact our service and you don’t need to be referred. You might need us when:
- You or someone you care for has left hospital or does not feel well
- You can’t get to the shops
- You’re a carer or relative who needs a rest and you want to make sure the person you look after is eating healthy meals
- Any other time you feel you can’t cook a meal for yourself, your partner or someone you care for
We deliver to the following suburbs: Manly, Manly Vale, Queenscliff, North Manly, Freshwater, Fairlight, Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, North Balgowlah, Clontarf, Seaforth, Curl Curl, North Curl Curl
If you live in any other suburb of the Northern Beaches, the Benevolent Society will provide Meals on Wheels to your area.
What’s on the menu?
- A great selection of hot, chilled or frozen meals
- A wide selection of salads and sandwiches
- Frozen meals can be purchased at our Manly centre Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm
Every effort is made to keep meals as affordable as possible. We accept cash, cheque or credit card.
For the latest menus and prices, please call 9976 1469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office hours: 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday
Our community lunches have been cancelled for the health and safety of our staff and clients during COVID-19.
During COVID-19 we will not be taking any new volunteers.
Our friendly Meals on Wheels delivery driver volunteers do a ‘safe and well’ check with every delivery. All volunteers carry identification and have passed a National Police Check.
Interested in Volunteering as a Delivery Driver? Delivery Driver Volunteer position description