Our Backyard Habitat program is focused on helping you create a native habitat garden that attracts birds, bees, butterflies and other native species.
We are delighted by the community’s response to Round 1 of the program, with 2,200 plants delivered to 750 homes.
We are currently working on the details of Round 2 of the program and will provide an update shortly.
In the meantime, please register your interest for Round 2 with the online form below.
Background to the program
As part of the program we are giving away plants that have been caringly propagated by our Bushcare volunteers from locally sourced seeds at our community nurseries at Manly Dam and Curl Curl.
Due to COVID-19, our volunteers are at home and we are not able to use these plants as intended – new plantings to help regenerate public bushland and as gifts for new Australian citizens – so we want them to go to happy homes.
Growing these in your backyard will help create wildlife corridors for our native animals to move safely between our bushland reserves, whilst maybe grabbing a bite to eat along the way!
Our team will match the right plants with the right homes and will also hand deliver the plants to each home. To help the plants thrive our specialist bush regeneration staff will offer ongoing advice on how to care for them too.
How do I get involved?
Follow these easy steps to get involved:
- Register by completing the online form
- Provide accurate details about your garden so that we can offer the most suitable plants. Include details of those areas where you would like to plant natives, how much sun/shade there is, type of soil (if known), if it's dry or damp, on the north/south/east/west boundary, etc.
- Wait for one of our team to contact you to arrange delivery.
- Plant, water and care for your plants.
- Share pictures of your plants with us once they’re established and thriving, and then again after six and 12 months.
Contact us for more information.