Eco Awards Nomination Guidelines and Criteria
Nominate people doing extraordinary things for the conservation of our environment, who have volunteered their time and effort to enhance the region’s diverse and valuable natural habitat.
- Caring for our Bushland
- Caring for our Waterways
- Caring for our Coast
- Caring for our Native Animals
- Sustainable Resources Award
- Sustainability & Climate Change Award
- Individual Achievement Awards:
How to nominate
- The nomination closing deadline is 5pm, Friday 26 March 2021.
- Please complete the nomination form available at northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
- Please read the general eligibility criteria prior to submitting a nomination.
- Applications may submit up to two photos and one video through the nomination form. Video footage is ideally shot in landscape. Additional supporting material can be submitted by arrangement with the enquiries contact.
- Nominations will be reviewed by an appointed judging panel including community representatives.
- The selection of recipients will be based upon the nominations received and information available to the judging panel at the time. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Northern Beaches Council reserves the right to withdraw an award if further information or the recipients conduct draws the awards into disrepute.
- Judging will take place in April 2021.
- Winners will be presented in May 2021.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of Northern Beaches Council.
- Members of the judging panel are not permitted to nominate or encourage others to nominate on their behalf.
- If a member of the judging panel is nominated, they may choose whether to renege their position on the panel or make their nomination redundant.
- An award does not have to be granted should the judging panel decide that no nominee fits the criteria sufficiently
- A person can be nominated for multiple categories if eligible, however cannot be granted more than one award.
- If nominated, eligible and chosen for multiple award categories, the judging panel will make a decision as to the best category in which to award the recipient.
- Nomination documents will remain confidential.
- Northern Beaches Council may use nomination information for the purpose of promoting the awards, and in such case nominees will be contacted for consent.
General eligibility criteria
- Work should contribute to the long-term preservation and enhancement of the natural environment of the Northern Beaches LGA, or raise awareness of environmental issues.
- Work must have been performed within the Northern Beaches LGA.
- Work must be carried out in a volunteer capacity.
- Applicants for the Individual Achievement Award (Youth) must be under 25 years of age as of 26 March 2021.
- Work must carried out in the last 2 years (March 2019 - March 2021), except for the Individual Achievement Award (Lifetime Achievement) which recognises work over 25 years.
- All categories have a maximum word count of 1000 words.
- Nominees should not be a previous winner within the past two years.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Northern Beaches Councillors, Council employees or State and Federal politicians will only be considered for work beyond their official duties.