Each year Northern Beaches Council celebrates and recognises outstanding contributions from local residents and events through our annual Australia Day Awards.
The call for 2021 nominations closed Monday 9 November 2020 (Guidelines and Criteria)
The awards were presented at an invite only COVID-safe function on Thursday 21 January 2021. Watch the ceremony video recording
2021 Australia Day Award Recipients
- Citizen of the Year: Christian Barwell of Collaroy
- Senior Citizen of the Year: Michael Christie of Allambie Heights
- Young Citizen of the Year: Stephanie Evans of Narraweena
- Sportsperson of the Year: Ruby Trew of North Curl Curl
- Community Event of the Year: '28 for Twenty Eight' presented by Making Meditation Mainstream
- Outstanding Community Service Awards:
Ryan Bell of Narraweena
Georgie Campbell of Belrose
Penny Cervetto of Frenchs Forest
Christine Chandler of Belrose
Lynleigh Greig of Elanora Heights
Michael Hardy of Mackerel Beach
Bruce Loudon of Freshwater
Adam Lynch of Elanora Heights
Laura O'Reilly of Frenchs Forest
Jordan O'Reilly of Frenchs Forest
Brett Robinson of Belrose
Luke Robinson of Terrey Hills
Maria Dolores (Doris) Sammut of Belrose
Thomas Spithill of Newport
The Balgowlah Bowling Club Committee
Please contact Natalie Watson on 02 8495 6602 for more information about the Australia Day Awards.
If you would like to be notified when the Australia Day Awards nominations open (usually September), please complete our notification form.
We congratulate our past Australia Day Award winners and thank them for the outstanding contributions they have made to the community.
Read more detail about the award recipients.