Entries now open for Unplugged 2021
Get in quick and be one of 30 entrants to participate in this year's unplugged acoustic competition and have a song professionally recorded and filmed just for entering the comp!
Recordings will be exhibited online during National Youth Week (16-25 April) for judging and public voting, with up to 10 finalists progressing to our live Final & Awards Night at Glen Street Theatre on Friday 7 May.
Be part of this premier acoustic competition on the Northern Beaches, and battle it out for cash and prizes! Proudly sponsored by Mona Vale Music and Perfect Pitch with support from Northern Beaches Youth Bands.
How does the competition work?
The competition is open to acoustic-style musicians/groups between the ages of 12 and 19 years old. Preference is given to Northern Beaches residents.
Performers/groups must apply online by Sunday 28 March using the link below - places are capped at 30.
Fill out the form, including a link to a recording showing the kind of music you play (this is not your entry, it's just to give us a feel for your style), and provide parental permission (if under 18).
Individual performers, or groups up to 5 members are able to apply, but remember this is an acoustic competition so the music performed must be of an acoustic nature (e.g. no drum kits, distortion etc.) - details can be found in the competition Terms & Conditions.
Once entries close, you will be sent a recording time to attend Glen Street Theatre on Wednesday 7 April (during April school holidays).
You MUST be available on this day to participate in the competition as you will have 1 song recorded in the studio at Glen Street which will be exhibited online for judging and public voting.
Cost - Free
Entries close - Sunday 28 March, 11:59pm, or once all 30 places have been filled
- Entry Period - Monday 1 March to Sunday 28 March (or once all 30 places have been filled)
- Performer Workshop - Wednesday 31 March, 6:30pm at Warringah Mall Library
- Recording Session - Wednesday 7 April 10am-6pm*. Glen Street Theatre
- Online Exhibition of Recordings (including judging/voting) - Friday 16 to Sunday 25 April. via KALOF.com.au
- Finalists Notified - Monday 26 April
- Final & Awards Night Tix on Sale - Monday 26 April. via GLENSTREET.com.au
- Final & Award Night - Friday 7 May 2021. Glen Street Theatre
*entrants will be provided with a call time for the recording session once entries close, and will only be required to be on site for 1hr. Please note the recording day is during the April School Holidays.
- 1st Place - $500 cash, $500 Mona Vale Music product voucher, Perfect Pitch Marketing & Publicity Package PLUS an opportunity to perform at Taste of Manly 2021 in May.
- 2nd Place - $250 cash, $250 Mona Vale Music product voucher
- 3rd Place - $150 cash, $150 Mona Vale Music product voucher
- Audience Choice (Online) - $200 cash, $100 Mona Vale Music product Voucher
- Most Viewed (Online) - $100 cash courtesy of Northern Beaches Youth Bands
- Junior Encouragement - $100 Mona Vale Music product voucher
- All Finalists - KALOF Gift Pack
All Entrants receive a copy of their filmed song
Stay in the loop and follow Northern Composure Unplugged on KALOF Facebook