Council officers can provide information and advice on how to control weeds, although we do not undertake work on private property.

The Australian Association of Bush Regenerators website has a list of professional contractors who are experienced in weed control and may be able to assist.

The quickest and most effective way of dealing with weed issues on your neighbour's property is to foster good relations with your neighbour and seek to resolve the issues together.

If this is not possible, contact Council and an authorised officer will inspect the property to assess whether the plant has legislative requirements to be controlled under the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015. If so, Council may be able proceed with the matter.

If there are no legislative requirements but the officer deems the plant poses a significant biosecurity risk that can be reasonably and practicably addressed then the matter can also be taken further. If this is not the case and you still can't resolve the issue with your neighbour, contact a Community Justice Centre to arrange for mediation.