Popular multicultural support services
Community Northern Beaches - Multicultural Service
Community Northern Beaches - Multicultural Service support and assist refugees and migrants as they navigate their new lives on the Northern Beaches and ensure a smooth transition into Australian society, particularly during the initial five years of settlement.
- Advocacy and Referral services
- Employment and Education Information
- Basic CV assistance
- Assistance with filling out forms
- Assistance with applying for and accessing government and non-government services, e.g. health, housing, education and training
- Driving program
- Swimming program
- One-on-one English language lessons
- Homework club for children with English as a second language
- Free Immigration Advice
- Free Tax Help
- Social, educational and community programs
- Material aid (food, clothes, homewares, furniture)
- Free computer usage
Community Connect Northern Beaches
Community Connect Northern Beaches recognises the very important role of multicultural groups and aims to support them in their caring role. We provide information and social support to people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds who reside in the Northern Beaches Council area.
The Multicultural Program provides support groups for CALD carers on a monthly basis. Groups are led by facilitators who speak the following languages:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Our groups provide an excellent opportunity for carers to meet other carers in similar situations and discuss issues related to their caring role.
Guest speakers are invited to the groups to provide information on services available and how to access them.
For more information please call 0414 474 469.
Northern Beaches Multicultural Communities
NBMC provides the following services during crisis:
- Emotional support by friendly chats over the phone
- Physical and cognitive activities led by phone (individual and group activities)
- Advocacy and referral
- Counselling by phone
- Dog minding/walking
- Purchasing or picking up of groceries and non-prescription medicine
Our volunteers speak English, Bosnian, Greek, Croatian, Italian, Serbian and Spanish languages and all counselling services are provided by a registered counsellor.