We want your stay at Currawong Beach Cottages to be as comfortable as possible.
Terms and conditions
- Telephone and email bookings can be held for up to 7 days pending receipt of deposit, failing which, your provisional booking will be cancelled and the property re-let. Balance of payment is required a fortnight prior to arrival (a month for group bookings), by credit card or direct deposit. Bookings made within 14 days of arrival are payable in full by credit card or direct deposit at the time of booking
- All bookings require a non-refundable deposit payable by credit card or direct deposit.
- Your booking is only confirmed on receipt of deposit.
- Split payments are not accepted. Balance is required 30 days prior to arrival.
- Linen can be available upon request (for a fee) when booking but we strongly recommend that you provide your own. Provision of linen is dependent upon water availability at the time and we cannot guarantee that it can be provided. Beds occupied without the use of bed linen will incur a washing charge.
- Midholme is a heritage listed building and group bookings will be discouraged if it is felt that the house will be treated disrespectfully.
- 30 days out - your deposit can be transferred to an alternate date. This can be held for a maximum of twelve (12) months, at which time if not used, your deposit is forfeited.
- 30 to 14 days out - your deposit will be forfeited.
- Less than 14 days’ notice - full payment is required.
- You are required to provide a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival if we don’t have your credit card number on file. The pre-authorisation may be used as a security bond or deposit for breakages or damage incurred during your stay or cleaning / laundry charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
- The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card issuer for a period of up to 5 business days. Where a credit card is not available a cash deposit is required on check-in:
Midholme / Lodge (conference centre) = $200 / Cabins = $75
- Currawong Beach Cottages and its facilities are for the enjoyment of you and your children. Supervision is important for your children’s safety so that they are not a danger to themselves or others. Children must be supervised at all times when near the water and on the golf course.
- When staying overnight, guests less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Bicycles, scooters and skateboards are not permitted at Currawong State Park.
- Pets are not allowed at Currawong State Park.
- Visiting Currawong State Park is a wonderful opportunity to view some of our native animals up close in their natural habitat. But children are very inquisitive and can be eager to get that little bit closer to these animals.
- Please be mindful that they are native animals, used to their own habitat and natural foods. Please do not feed the animals or leave food for them to forage.
- Human food can make them sick and if they are expected to be fed by holiday makers, they can become aggressive.
- Native animals are best viewed from afar.
- Due to severe operation constraints at Currawong State Park, visitor numbers are strictly controlled.
- If any guest wishes to invite day visitors, guests must obtain prior express permission of Management. All visitors invited onto Currawong State Park must first report to the office on arrival. Management has the right to strictly limit the number of visitors.
- Extra people, above the number of people you have registered and paid for, are not allowed to stay at Currawong State Park overnight. Allowing extra people to stay overnight will lead to the immediate termination of your booking and forfeiture of the balance of the booking fee.
- The peaceful enjoyment of all guests at Currawong Beach Cottages and its facilities is important.
- Please be aware that between 10pm and 6am noise restrictions take effect and outside noise needs to be kept to a minimum.
- If you are entertaining in the outside areas please be aware of this or move guests inside.
- Amplified music is not permitted outdoors so as not to disturb other guests who come here for the quiet.
- Any monies, valuables or goods that belong to you which are brought onto Currawong State Park remain your responsibility.
- Currawong Beach Cottages and Northern Beaches Council are not responsible for their safekeeping and will not replace damaged, lost or stolen items.
- We have 2 slip ropes for smaller boats and 1 deep water mooring available for in-house guests. To secure one of these moorings during your stay, you will need to book in advance of your arrival.
Fires and Firewood
- We will supply wood for the indoor fire in Midholme during the winter months.
- For the outdoor fire pit you will need to collect your own firewood.
- The Rural Fire Service has stipulated that the fire pits cannot be used from October to March each year. The old stone barbecues can be used for cooking purposes only during the fire season.
- Bookings for 'schoolies week' will not be accepted.
- In the unlikely event that your requested cabin is not available, you will be relocated to an alternative cabin of comparable quality.
- Management reserves the right to refuse any booking and / or to direct any guest to leave the site if the person refuses to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or causes a nuisance or interferes with the use and enjoyment of the site.
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to the park, the person who makes a booking is responsible for the behaviour of others staying at that site and must be present for the duration of the booked dates.