Northern Beaches Council is managing our tree canopy now and into the future.
Having initiated a proactive street tree maintenance program, Council’s tree services contractor will be working through each ward to carry out tree maintenance.
Council will be commencing maintenance pruning throughout the Curl Curl Ward, to be completed by early November 2023.
The tree maintenance carried out in your area will include:
- Removal of any deadwood over 40mm in size
- Height clearances over footways
- Height clearances over roads
- Removal of any identified dangerous branches
- Removal of identified dead trees
Where trees have good form and shape and do not affect pedestrian access or do not pose a risk to roadways, they will not be trimmed.
Where trees from private property obstruct the public walkway, the contractor will notify Council so the owner of the property can be contacted.